cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a message that i have a new IMs from my contact. HELP

Journeyman

I got a message that i have a new IMs from my contact. HELP

So... i got the new HTC hero and sometimes i got a new text message that i have a new IM's from my contact, select go and a link:

http://wap.imgateway.sprintpcs.com/MSN.wml

i click on the link and the only thing happens is the browser comes up and some nonsense html codes shows up:

<?xml version=1.0">

<!doctype wml public "-//wapforum// DTD WML 1.1//EN"

"http://openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/wml13.dtd">

<wml>

<card>

<p align="center">

etc. etc. etc.

let me know if you guys want to read the whole code.

i dont know whats going on with this because after this text i go to the msn program and i dont see any conversation!!!

( im using the htc android built in msn application)

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: I got a message that i have a new IMs from my contact. HELP

Well, me too.  I only received one text message like this, but mine was for AIM.  I use to get text messages just like this when using the IM application on the Instinct since the IM application wasn't running all the time.  But like you did, I launched the IM application on the Hero and had no conversations.

BTW, notice the IM application on the Hero is considered an 'ALPHA' release.  It's really not that bad for an 'ALPHA' release, but this might the reason for this.

Journeyman

We bought the Heros on Wednesday, and since set up, i have had the same problem..  i leave my MSN and YAHOO IMs turned on all the time, and i have received over 25 of such messages, that lead to no where.

Called Sprint about these messages last evening, and they suggested turnining off the notifaction message when IMs come in... but that didn't solve the problem.

So now, my suspision is confirmed.. that pple have been trying to contact me via the IMs!  i hope my friends don't think of me as jerks for not replying (yes, i tried replying to one of these error messages, and the reply could not be sent).

DEFINITELY NEED HELP!!

Journeyman

well it looks like this is a common problem.. so another thing that sprint should fix! btw i logged off the msn and still had a txt msg in the morning!!! lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used to get these text messages, but I stopped using the Android IM program by removing my accounts and the texts stopped.

As far as I know, I wasn't actually getting any IM messages. A quick chat with my friend over MSN with the Android IM app had seemed to have worked fine.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat