cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my 2 back

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want my 2 back

For 10 years now, my wife has been speed dial #2 on my phone. I don't even know her real number, she's just speed dial 2. Now I get a hero and find Customer Service has appropriated number 2.  I'm not sure if that is arrogant or some one is expecting you to need to call a lot.  Either way, I don't want customer service on my speed dial.

I can't find a way to change it.  Does anyone know how I can reclaim my speed dial 2?

Robert

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think your wife will have to be speed dial 3 now. Or you can wait for a custom rom to come out that fixes the issue. I'm sure you're not alone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i agree ask her for her number and store it as #3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Missing the point.  I don't want her speed dial to be 3.  If I did, I would put her on 3.  3 is used by someone else.  3 has been the same person for the past 10 years.   I'm not an idiot.  I want Customer Service off my speed dial list.  Why is CS WASTING one of my 10 speed dial positions?  Go away CS or at least let me delete it.  CS using a speed dial position is lamer than lame.

Highlighted
Patron

LOL @ this thread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Umm Hero has speed dial? Where? And how do you not know your wife's number?  Nevermind I found it. So you mean to tell me you go to the dialer, and press menu > speed dial every time? Just use the favorites widget or make a shortcut.

Message was edited by: ajones1989

Highlighted
Journeyman

are you serious? this is a joke? u got htc hero right???????????? and u using speed dial instead of putting a #@$#@$ shortcut on your screen? or put her in the favorites and put the widget on the screen.. what the hell is wrong with you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

CSOCSO wrote:

are you serious? this is a joke? u got htc hero right???????????? and u using speed dial instead of putting a #@$#@$ shortcut on your screen? or put her in the favorites and put the widget on the screen.. what the **** is wrong with you?

Although I agree with you, that was pretty harsh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I'm skiing, sitting on a chair lift in bright sun, goggles on, glasses in my pocket.  With speed dial, I'm can be talking to my wife in seconds. With speed dial, I barely have to be able to see the phone at all to make a call (and do it the same way I've been doing it for 10 years on every single Sprint phone before this one).

I thought the whole idea (at least according to HTCs television ads) was to do it MY WAY!  As opposed to YOUR WAY.  And yes, I know there are several ways to access a contact.

The problem isn't that there are other ways to do it, the problem is that Customer Service has decided to use speed dial 2 and make it permanent.  As you put it, "what the **** is wrong with them?"  If I wanted a fast way to call them, I'd put a #@$#@$ shortcut on my screen. or put them in my favorites and put the widget on the screen.

But that's not what I want.

Highlighted
Journeyman

instead of speed dialing, what don't you use the Voice Dialer? you're going to spend the same amount of time doing an speed dial on the Hero than using the voice dialer...

if you don't remember your wife's number, just tell her to call you so you can save her number into your contacts... it's that easy

Highlighted
Journeyman

pipiligrama wrote:

instead of speed dialing, what don't you use the Voice Dialer? you're going to spend the same amount of time doing an speed dial on the Hero than using the voice dialer...

if you don't remember your wife's number, just tell her to call you so you can save her number into your contacts... it's that easy

Because that's not what he wants. Sure he could make things easier but THAT'S NOT WHAT HE WANTS. HE WANTS THE #$%)# Speed dial number 2 to be free for his wife. It's not about what he can do to make it easier, it's about what he wants because he's been doing it for 10 years.

/Sarcasm.

Highlighted
Patron

I am just curious I am pretty sure my ppc was speed dial 2 for Sprint my Instinct was also this way and my wifes two previous phones was also number 2. Could this be changed before?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat