cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming text (hero)

Journeyman

Incoming text (hero)

My apologies if this had been brought up already. I just recieved my hero 2 days ago and just recently encountered a problem with text messages. It seems like sometimes when someone sends me a message, I dont recieve it or get any notification until I manually turn the screen on. I suspected this was happening so I tested this myself by sending me a text, allowing it to properly send, turning the screen off, and waiting... After a few minutes of no notification, i manually turn on the screen and sure enough a few seconds later I get the audible and vibrating alert. Is this a known issue? If so, are there any workarounds? Btw im using the stock sms app.

Another thing I was wondering, when the phone is charging (orange LED on) and there is a missed text or call, I dont get the LED flashing it just stays the same. So if im away from my phone while its charging there is no way for me to know of any missed calls/text unless I turn the screen on. Is this the way the phone was designed to work? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Incoming text (hero)

I had your problem for a while, oddly enuf it resolved itself after a few reboots. As for the LED issue, yeah, its designed to be that way. If you use HandCent sms app it will make the track ball blink. I personaly love the stock but your issues may need a hard reset or a few reboots. Hard reseting this phone isnt neer the hassle as with previus phones. If you have a gmail account it will sync your contacts back and you just have to drop 5 minutes into putt apps and setting up backgrounds and ringtones. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

Try the app "spare parts". I can't remember if it requires root or not, but there is an option to make the LED blink while charging.

Journeyman

When you say "a few reboots" do you mean powering off the phone or removing the battery? Kinda like a soft reset on windows mobile?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That correct, and you can just turn it off and on. Should be fine. I think i might have needed a hard reset. It didnt happen till the patch came out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat