cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed 2.1 -- now the clock (with weather) widget fails

Journeyman

Installed 2.1 -- now the clock (with weather) widget fails

I've installed 2.1 and I noticed that the clock widget (the one with the time and weather) fails to save the "Update automatically" setting.  As a result, if I change geographical locations, the weather fails to display in the widget.  I'm forced to open the widget, re-save the "Update automatically" setting and then refresh the widget.

This is incredibly annoying.  Does anyone know of a fix?

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Installed 2.1 -- now the clock (with weather) widget fails

Got the same problem.  Read in another forum, that by activating the WIFI it will work.  I tried a few minutes ago at home and it is working.  I don't know what is going to happen when I get out of WIFI coverage.     Annoying, because it was working excellent prior to my upgrade to 2.1 this morning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke with HTC re: this issue.  The solution?  Reset the phone through the privacy settings (essentially, wipe the phone).  Thankfully, it worked -- the widget works properly now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does the Micro SD card need to be removed first or does it matter?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I followed the instructions and removed the SD Card prior the installation.  The card works fine under 2.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

The instructions for 2.1 didn't include removing the SD card and it isn't the card I'm having issues with.  My question was does the card need to be removed before doing a reset?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was Having the same problem, I actually had to reboot the phone evrytime this would happen.

I try resetting to factory settings and that didn't work, but what did work is I Reinstalled the

2.1 update.  I went on to the sprint sight like I did when I installed 2.1 originally and just

reinstalled the 2.1 update and now It works great no problems since reinstalling.

Hope this helps Good Luck..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat