cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint going to offer the 2.2 update for HTC Hero?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Is Sprint going to offer the 2.2 update for HTC Hero?

I am not a techie, but I want my phone to be able to run flash applications and I have been told that 2.2 will allow this. Do I have any options or alternatives, or is Sprint going to come to the table with this update?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint going to offer the 2.2 update for HTC Hero?

Sprint said that it would not upgrade the hero to 2.2.  http://twitter.com/sprint/statuses/17030932869.

Journeyman

Sprint will focus on new sales and blame Google/others for delaying the froyo (2.2) update. I pay Sprint monthly for service not the many companies involved in the complicated cell phone manufacturing and coverage eco system. We will have to wait and see if they take some ownership and make existing customers happy, if they do not, there are other ways to get to the root of the problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even if you do update to 2.2, you will not be able to run Flash on your phone. This is because Flash does not support the type of processor that the Hero uses. 2.2 does have numerous other advantages though (ability to move apps to the SD card, allowing you to install even more cool apps; live (animated) wallpapers; much more), and work has already begun on 2.3 for the Hero as well (which brings about yet more improvements).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat