cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Speech to Text app for email?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a Speech to Text app for email?

Does anyone know if there is a way to speak your emails and then have the text show up in the body?  Kind of like the Handcent app has the speech to text recognition so you dont have to type all the time.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is there a Speech to Text app for email?

i actually did see one in the market but cant quite remember the name it was voice somthing look under communications and search voice there are actually a couple of them but to say how they run im sorry cant help i know i do read the comments b4 downloading anything but if you have the time look and ye shall find...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks...I'll search and install and test a few to see how they perform!

If anyone has had any luck with a particular one please let me know.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used "voicelink free" for SMS text messages and I know there is a email button, but never used it.  I just had to replace my Hero so I haven't downloaded the program yet; otherwise I would try it and tell you how it worked.  For texting it was pretty good.  I usually have to try 2-3 times to get the right words.  I don't think there is a good voice analyzer out there yet that will work better.  The one issue I did find was that once you stop talking, you can't add to that text message again.  You can type something or edit what it came up with, but you can't talk again and add to it.  You have to send it and then do another message after.  So for an email I'm hoping you can add to it, otherwise it would be useless.  Also, there is no confirmation that the message was sent, so you have to trust that it was sent.  Not a Great application, but pretty good.

Hope this helps!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat