cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue answering calls using intergrated bluetooth

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issue answering calls using intergrated bluetooth

I am a happy owner of HTC Hero and everything works good except bluetooth. I have integrated bluetooth in my car and phone is successfully paired. I can make outgoing calls but there is a problem with incoming calls.

When there is an incoming call and phone is in my pocket or in cup holder, as soon as I answer the phone, caller can't hear my voice. All they hear is radio or music CD that is playing. Even I can't hear the caller.

On the other hand, if phone is laying flat on passenger seat without touching anything while I receive a call, caller can hear me and two way conversation is possible.

I dont know if there is something I am missing or this is a bug in bluetooth connectivity. My old phone had no issues with bluetooth connectivity.

Any one else experiencing the same issues or any ideas on what can be wrong.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Issue answering calls using integrated bluetooth

Your phone might be answering the call without using the Bluetooth set.  I noticed a similar issue with my HTC Hero and my Blueant Bluetooth headset.  When I answer the phone by pressing accept on the the phone, the Hero answers the call on the phone.  When I answer the phone by pressing the button on my Bluetooth headset, the Bluetooth headset answers the call instead.  When I place calls on the phone, I don't have that problem - all calls are made using the Bluetooth headset instead of the phone handset.

It is likely a problem with the way Bluetooth is implemented on the Hero or on the Bluetooth device.  They are not communicating instructions properly.  Is your Bluetooth device automatically answering calls?  Are you able to manually answer with a button on the Bluetooth device?  Maybe that would fix the issue.

Journeyman

Integrated bluetooth doesn't answer the call automatically. I have to accept the call and then only it connects. If I let it ring, it will go to voicemail and or I can just cancel it.

I wonder if there is some setting in phone to answer calls during bluetooth?

Journeyman

I noticed that, if I answered the phone from the handset, then I had to go into the menu during the call to turn on Bluetooth.  You may have to do it that way.  Is there no way to answer the call using the Bluetooth device rather than the handset?

Journeyman

I never answer call directly via handset when I am in car. While in car, phone automatically connects to bluetooth handsfree and when I get a call, I accepts calls using button on my steering wheel.

I checked settings yesterday and didnt really find anything for handsfree or answering calls via bluetooth

Journeyman

As long as your Bluetooth is connected, you can transfer the call from the handset to the Bluetooth device by pressing MENU during the call and then pressing Bluetooth ON.  Hopefully that works for you.  It's not very convenient though since the handset has to be close at hand.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat