cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping the HTC Hero clean

Highlighted
Patron

Keeping the HTC Hero clean

I've never had a touch phone before, so I'm not sure what is the best way to keep the screen clean or to clean it once it's dirty. I know there are protectors out there, but which ones are best? What would be the best way to clean not only the screen, but the sensitive metal area where the track ball is located and the menu buttons are? What are some cleaning methods I should definitely avoid so I won't ruin or harm the touch screen?

Thanks!

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: Keeping the HTC Hero clean

I use a micro fiber cloth to clean the screen. They are the same as come with sun glasses. Though, I would definitely suggest investing in a screen protector. I just bought an invisible shield screen protector. It has relatively good clarity, and a lifetime warranty. It did cost be about $20, whereas you can find $5 ones on ebay. I have tried a cheaper one, bit it scratched too easily.

Journeyman

I find one or two shirt wipes to be more than enough to keep the screen/buttons in pristine shape. It has an oleophobic coating which doesn't really smudge up like other touch phones.

Journeyman

Yea it cleans fairly easy. Seems to be a lil fingerprint magnet though sometimes lol. I have a "Z" going across mine from where I've unlocked it. But a quick wipe and it's gone.

Journeyman

in response to:   Tubes6al4v

I use a micro fiber cloth to clean the screen. They are the same as come with sun glasses. Though, I would definitely suggest investing in a screen protector. I just bought an invisible shield screen protector. It has relatively good clarity, and a lifetime warranty. It did cost be about $20, whereas you can find $5 ones on ebay. I have tried a cheaper one, bit it scratched too easily

Where did you buy the InvisibleShield? It's not on there site?

Journeyman

Best Buy has it. Had it Friday when I picked up my Hero.

Journeyman

ajones1989 wrote:

Best Buy has it. Had it Friday when I picked up my Hero.

For the Hero? They didnt have anything for the Hero on Friday or tonight when I went.

Journeyman

I think so. The guy that was in there before me asked about it, went over to the section, and returned with one. And I saw somebody else mention it online.

Journeyman

The only one out right now is for the GSM Hero. Best Buy told me they were sending them all back because it was a mistake. The company site doesn't list one for the Sprint CDMA Hero yet either. I hear it's coming and I also requested it on their site.

Journeyman

Ahh, I see.

Journeyman

You can also get the invisible shield at www.zagg.com

Journeyman

I had the Zagg InvisibleShield on my Instinct. Smudges don't just rub off the way they seem to do on the Hero (needs some liquid help.) I think I am going to try the Hero without the shield. I do keep it in a case (my old Instinct case actually) so the screen is never really in harms way.

I should note that the InvisibleShield gives sort of a rubbery feel to your screen. Some like it, some don't.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat