cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping the HTC Hero clean

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Keeping the HTC Hero clean

Best Buy doesn't currently list any Sprint Hero accessories on their website because they are slow getting them in stores.  Earlier last week, most stores got the GSM Hero InvisibleShields in, but the mistake was quickly realized and many stores got the Sprint Hero InvisibleShields in Thursday-Saturday.  Most BB's should have them by now though, check your local store.

IMO, since the Hero screen is oleophobic, it would be somewhat of a 'downgrade' to put a protector on it that is a smudge-magnet.  I'm going to wing it for a while with the bare screen... it's just too good to cover up IMO.

On the same subject, the BB I got my Hero from on Friday, said they have the full body InvisibleShields as well... I wonder how those work on the 'soft touch' material?  Again, IMO it's a case of the original material being realy good... I just hate to cover it up.

Perhaps a good case and I'll leave it alone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I find it curious that people are reporting seeing the Zagg shields for the Hero at Best Buy. I went to Zagg.com a couple days ago to check it out and they did not have it. They had a link to submit your phone for consideration to have a shield created. I then received an e-mail stating that once they got enough interest for a Hero (CDMA) shield that they would send an e-mail out to those who submitted a request and the first one to register to send their phone to them would get a free full body shield. They sent out the e-mail a little past midnight on Monday. The whole point of this process (the way I understand it) is that they would use the user's phone as a model to design the specs for the skin and in return that user gets a free skin. I realize they could make a skin without the user's phone, but i doubt they would offer this service/reward if they already had skins designed and being sold.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Would you like me to take a picture for you?

I know some Best Buy managers... it was a funny story because they got GSM Hero InvisibleShields in on Tuesday (10/6), had to return them to Zagg, and received the CDMA Hero InvisibleShields on Thursday (10/8).  I know this is true for serveral stores in SC, and should be true for most other BB stores within the week.

I'll try to drop by the store after work to snap a photo for you

Edit: I just had a crazy idea... why don't you call your local Best Buy and ask if they have the Sprint Hero Invisibleshields?

Message was edited by: m3cosmos

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was in BB yesterday and they didn't have any. I'm not sure if I even want it, and if I did, I can send my phone into Zagg and get it for free.

My post wasn't meant to say I didn't believe you, but rather that I find it curious based on my specific experience with the Zagg Hot Gadget Team.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guys, I just heard a rumor that Best Buy will be getting the Invisible Shield for our HTC Hero, but you must use a special "early release" coupon or otherwise they will tell you to wait!  I have one, but I'm going to yank your chains with it for weeks until the night before and whammo!  I'll post it for you to download

Highlighted
Journeyman

mlblack16 wrote:

Guys, I just heard a rumor that Best Buy will be getting the Invisible Shield for our HTC Hero, but you must use a special "early release" coupon or otherwise they will tell you to wait!  I have one, but I'm going to yank your chains with it for weeks until the night before and whammo!  I'll post it for you to download

I hear its due for early release on Nov the 8th????

Highlighted
Journeyman

IF YOU CALL TELESALES THEY CAN SHIP IT TO YOU EARLIER THAN THE EIGHTH, EVEN IF THERE'S A HOLIDAY INVOLVED THAT WEEKEND , AND YOU'LL STILL GET IT BEFORE THE PRESALE DATE! 

haha seriously though,  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7973366&type=product&id=1153998216501&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7973366#tabbed-customerreviews   ,   is crapola.

I've tried installing it three different ways, INCLUDING taping off the top and trying to smooth out bubbles with a felt covered plastic edge (used to be a vehicle graphics installer).  Bubbles are still present

I'm just gonna wait for a different product.

Also, this is my first time using a screen protector...is this a similar product in regards to what will be coming out?  i.e. same kind of plastic/material?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had an iPhone and always had a case and screensaver on it. However, the rubber type back on the Hero is tough and not a smudge magnet and the  oleophobic coating is really easy to wipe off so I think that I will go naked with this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm patiently waiting for the HTC Hero (SPRINT) version of the Boxwave Anti-Glare to be available (I'm sure they will have one).  I had this Anti-Glare screen protector on the Instinct mainly because it was 'fingerprint free' and not to mention it did what it says it does in direct sunlight.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouch/

Highlighted
Journeyman

You might as well face it: A screen protector is much like a condom. It interferes with the UI.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DaWeav wrote:

I'm patiently waiting for the HTC Hero (SPRINT) version of the Boxwave Anti-Glare to be available (I'm sure they will have one).  I had this Anti-Glare screen protector on the Instinct mainly because it was 'fingerprint free' and not to mention it did what it says it does in direct sunlight.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouch/

Thanks for sharing.  I think I'll check this product out as well.  I'm not as concerned about being "invincible" as the Invisible Shield if it compromises screen feel and clarity.  Invisible Shield are poor in both departments.  Also, when I had it on my Instinckt, I recall it was very yellowish looking and had to be making the colors altered.  The Hero screen is just beautiful, primarily when you can get it to maintain brightness.  I was going to explore Clarivue, because they are supposed to focus on clarity and actually improve color display from screen.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat