cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag on Hero after 2.1 update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lag on Hero after 2.1 update?

After the update, my phone actually moves slower in many instances.  The camera takes even longer to load, the accelerometer freezes up and then slowly transitions, and when I kick off the music player, it sits there for about 10-15 seconds before it even indicates that it has registered my input.  My 1.5 hero wasn't THIS slow. ( In addition, I've already taken it to a Sprint store to have them fix a texting issue, which they did.)  Anyone else experience these sorts of lags?  Did I botch the update in some way?  Please help if you can.  

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Lag on Hero after 2.1 update?

Strange..

While I do have some minor anoyances that are "new" with the 2.1 update, "lag" is MOST DEFINITELY not one of them! My phone is MUCH faster with MUCH less lag on the keyboard in either layout, MUCH faster loading apps and much better overall speedwise.

Except for a couple of things; like my complaint about them removing the ability to select Gmail Groups to be shown as PEOPLE and the continuing lack of decent (read LEGAL on the road) "hands Free" operation, I think the 2.1 update is a great move forward..

One thing tho, being in the computer field for decades and probably as a holdover from my old DOS days, I did a HARD reset of my Hero BEFORE I did the 2.1 update; meaning I took 1.5 back to the bare bones phone, THEN did the update. My apps were still in th Download of the Market and I use MyBackup Pro wich also worked perfectly and so far I have had NONE of the reboot, lag, etcetcetc issues that I am now reading about.

**Almost** no complaints!

Doug

Journeyman

Thanks!  Maybe I should try a hard reset and see if my situation improves.

Journeyman

Certainly wouldn't hurt at this point.. if it were me, I'd do a hard reste AND a reinstall...

good luck!

Doug

Journeyman

I've had the same problems.  My phone has had dialing issues too.  I tried calling my sister this morning and it called FedEx, I called them yesterday. I hung up, which wasn't easy either, and called her number again.  This time as soon as she answered the phone started dialing another number and the dial tone kept coming on and off.  I had to hang up, which again, was not an easy task.  There was definte lag to hang up.  I've tried doing a hard reset and reinstall but it didn't make a difference for me. Very dissapointed!

Journeyman

Your mileage may vary, but occasionally when my Hero starts to lag, I perform a toggle off of the WiFi (if enabled) and especially toggle off the Mobile Network, then I wait a second or two and toggle them back on.  I'm thinking with all the network services going on in the background, something must be getting hung waiting for a network time-out or something, and toggling off all of the network data connections closes any and all of the hung (not yet timed-out) network connections.  Kinda like a PC , HA!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat