Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaked Screenshots of Android 2.1 Hero

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Leaked Screenshots of Android 2.1 Hero

quick question?

does anyone know how to link photo id's or contacts display with yahoo for the IM app that comes on the htc hero?

Highlighted
Journeyman

momemt and hero getting update to eclair early next year. confirmed by sprint and htc link below.

http://www.phonenews.com/htc-confirms-android-2.0-for-sprint-hero-early-next-year-via-twitter-9747/

Highlighted
Journeyman

UniqueNate wrote:

momemt and hero getting update to eclair early next year. confirmed by sprint and htc link below.

http://www.phonenews.com/htc-confirms-android-2.0-for-sprint-hero-early-next-year-via-twitter-9747/

k|ckass!

you know... it seems to me like HTC is really hot to trot, Sprint is a little more....... "careful" (?)

Sprint says 1H 2010... HTC is like "early" next year!

anyone else getting that impression??

Highlighted
Journeyman

yea i  they are(sprint). and i think its safe to say thats okay. cause 2.0 is still new and for the hero to have it with sense ui that would be brand new so im sure they like okay see how it works. i mean as long as we know its coming i think people should chil. wait and see. cause watch when it comes early or not and people are overly excited and then find out it has bugs or w.e with the sense then they are going to complain again. thats why i dont see why people complain. i mean phone companies know what they are doing. the things we think i mean dont you guys know that the companies already took the questions you might have in concidration before we even thought of it. i mean we dont even know until something is put out. so they defintely know way ahead. its a timing thing. i mean verizon defiitely waited and came out with something better. and 2010 is supposed to be really hot for sprint they say. they say they are looking to be big on android and newest stuff for windows phone( windows mobile 7 whenever microsoft is ready) and etc. 2010 is right around the corner so i can wait. can you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

why couldn't you use the sprint navigation (included free)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't be happy that Sprint will allow your phone to be almost up to date sometime next year make them give you a date.  Don't let Sprint forget they have to earn our money, we don't have to earn theirservice.

By the way if you are tired of the the new Sprint TOS going into effect creates an opportunity for you to cancel your contract with no ETF.

http://con.st/10000450

A little fact I plan to point out every time I post everywhere until a real drop date for the 2.0/2.1 upgrade is given.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are being ridiculous. No other providers have confirmed anything at all, let alone a "drop date."

Highlighted
Journeyman

rlkelley wrote:

Don't be happy that Sprint will allow your phone to be almost up to date sometime next year make them give you a date.  Don't let Sprint forget they have to earn our money, we don't have to earn theirservice.

By the way if you are tired of the the new Sprint TOS going into effect creates an opportunity for you to cancel your contract with no ETF.

A little fact I plan to point out every time I post everywhere until a real drop date for the 2.0/2.1 upgrade is given.

Why is this of any importance to you? You'd actually feel that much better if instead of 1H 2010 they said 4/30? The only thing a hard date would lead to is them picking a date with lots of room for padding just in case, meaning it's essentially the same situation. (Say 4/30 when it might be done 2/12) Or they rush, miss the date, or they drop features. Nothing is ever going to be bug free, but rushing it can only lead to problems.You can pick a target date for a building to be completed, but it's not done because that date arrives, it's done when it's done. I don't want to move into a shoddily built and half finished house to get it a month early, and I don't want them to deliver another thing that looks like they skipped the "actually use the phone for a couple weeks" step of testing. Obviously I don't want them to take their sweet time, but I don't think we have any reason to beleive they are.

If you have evidence that they're dragging their feet on an update in a couple months, fine. If every other andriod phone gets 2.1 and a month passes with no word from HTC/Sprint, then fine. But as it stands, all evidence points to the fact that everything is on the normal track, and, by the way, really couldn't have less to do with Sprint.

Message was edited by: vita10gy

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am eternally grateful for Sprint giving me the privilege of using this phone and paying them money to do so.  But it is within the power of Sprint as they have a business partnership with HTC, and can pressure them to release the software in a timely manner.  Then there is the predictable lag on Sprint end making sure the ever indenspensible NASCAR app is funtional with 2.x, or the works perfectly every time NFL app.  Lets not forget the endlessly entertaining TV app.  So I would rather they not update it at all, because Sprint gave us everything we need.

Besides if they update it shouldn't we feel obligated to pay them more money to get and even more useful phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

well , its confirmed that moment and hero will get the 2.1 not the 2.0

http://androidandme.com/2009/12/carriers/sprint-ok-lets-just-jump-to-android-2-1/

Highlighted
Wizard

rlkelley wrote:

Do you know what it takes to test a software that will be used buy millions of people?

Before Sprint can release the update, they have to do regression testing and make sure that the software pass their QA with high marks. Otherwise it's user like you who blame Sprint for releasing a buggy software.

HTC released the base update, Sprint like other phone operators have to make sure their own applications can still work with the update.

Just be patient.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree... Htc Doesnt want to do what Samsung did with the instinct. What was it, "7 updates" to correct bug after bug and still more unsolved bugs?

Know what, id rather wait a few months to receive a good update than to have software that agravate's me or worse (Erase my phone and reboot for no reason).

HTC...write your software correctly and keep us all happy!

P.S.  Android 1.5 still as it is, Seems to perform O.k. and fully functional. Not to mention, most of its bugs have been worked out...

Message was edited by: zeusautomotive

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat