cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn to make your HTC Hero keyboard more finger friendly

Journeyman

Learn to make your HTC Hero keyboard more finger friendly

Hi all,

I used the calibrate feature, which is cool.  However, it only calibrates one way (portrait mode.)  I use one finger in that mode.

In (landscape) mode, I use both thumbs.  So the calibration would be different.  But when in that mode, the option to calibrate goes away..... Why?  How can I calibrate for this mode?

Thanks,

JustMe

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Learn to make your HTC Hero keyboard more finger friendly

At this time there is no way to calibrate this mode. I tried to download the paid app better keyboard because I heard it was a good alternative and it does not seem to work in overriding the HTC Sense keyboard. Am waiting for a more stable solution.

Journeyman

I am surprised by the number of problems I am having with the phone doing what I concsider to be fairly basic things. This is just one more example.

Journeyman

I am surprised by the number of problems I am having with the phone doing what I concsider to be fairly basic things. This is just one more example.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It doesn't calibrate in landscape because it's so much bigger than portrait I suppose. And for better keyboard, make sure it's checked in your settings, then go to messages, start a new message, then long press on the "To" field. When the box comes up, you should see something about Input Method. Click that and change to better keyboard. Hope that helps.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat