ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Messaging Issues (HTC Hero)

Journeyman

Re: MMS Messaging Issues (HTC Hero)

So has anyone gotten the issue resolved? Me and my hubby have been trying to do this since friday. Please help if there is a resolution.

Journeyman

Customer service says that Sprint is having an internal MMS problem that should be resolved in 2-3 days.

Journeyman

A hard reset fixed the MMS won't download problem for me for about a month. Its been back to giving me the useless download button for the past couple weeks. Hard resetting my phone again would really suck considering how much I've customized Handcent for each person I text and I'd have to set it all up again. I've just been asking people to send pics to my gmail. There's a longer workaround by going to the sprint picture mail website and viewing the pics. This definitely isn't a recent/temporary internal MMS problem that they're going to fix in a couple days because its been a known problem for months already. When I experienced the problem the first time, technical support was clueless and just wanted to send me a new phone.

Journeyman

A hard reset is the only cure.  It's a BS cure but it worked.  I have talked to Sprint customer service, a Sprint repair tech, a Sprint rep and a Sprint authorized service center owner..........all gave me a different story from no clue to being aware and fixed in a few days to being an unfixable problem by Sprint and its a HTC hardware issue and replacing the phone is not a workaround because it will happen again.

I have voiced my opinion on here numerous times about this and my feelings about the fix so I wont do it again here.  I bit the bullet and did a hard reset and for now, the problem is cured.  The question is for how long.  I have been told that it is only a temporary fix, so who knows.  I did however, figured if I had to start over on a hard reset, I might as well root it and use nandroid backup and mybackuppro, in the event I have to do it again.......at least that way I wont loose anything again.

Journeyman

Larry, sadly it is the only cure and I agree with you, it's a BS cure. I have been reading a few threads and have seen mention of rooting the phone..is that hard? What exactly does that do? I saw somewhere where it mentioned that it made the phone faster, but I'm afraid to step into the unknown with this phone. HOWEVER, if I can reset my phone (which I'm on my new phone and have already had to reset it) and not lose anything, then that's what I would love to do however that's possible.

Journeyman

Yeah, a hard reset only fixed the problem for about a month for me and I don't even know if I think its worth the hassle to do it again if its going to stop working again that quickly. Doing the hard reset once was fine since you don't really lose much (don't lose contacts/ringtones/music/pictures). But you do have to set up all of your customizations again and reinstall apps, so its ridiculous to have to do all that once a month! I think I'm going to stick with the email/picture mail website workarounds and hope the next firmware update fixes this problem!!!

Journeyman

sillyg000se wrote:

Yeah, a hard reset only fixed the problem for about a month for me and I don't even know if I think its worth the hassle to do it again if its going to stop working again that quickly. Doing the hard reset once was fine since you don't really lose much (don't lose contacts/ringtones/music/pictures). But you do have to set up all of your customizations again and reinstall apps, so its ridiculous to have to do all that once a month! I think I'm going to stick with the email/picture mail website workarounds and hope the next firmware update fixes this problem!!!

Actually, if your rooted and do a nandroid restore, you loose none of your customized settings on each program.  I am the same as you and have customized handcent A LOT, which is why I didnt want to do a hard reset.

Journeyman

You just made rooting sound even more attractive... I'm just afraid to do it...

Journeyman

Where can we find how to do the root and nandroid restore? I'm tired of having to customize things over and over and over again. It gets old very quickly. Until Sprint/HTC/Google (who the hell ever) comes up with a fix, I think I need to do what I have to do to keep my phone operating the way I want it since HTC says "it's about YOU"....when really it's about YOU until you have to reset it...again...and again...and again.

Journeyman

Angi9349 wrote:

Larry, sadly it is the only cure and I agree with you, it's a BS cure. I have been reading a few threads and have seen mention of rooting the phone..is that hard? What exactly does that do? I saw somewhere where it mentioned that it made the phone faster, but I'm afraid to step into the unknown with this phone. HOWEVER, if I can reset my phone (which I'm on my new phone and have already had to reset it) and not lose anything, then that's what I would love to do however that's possible.

Rooting was simple and I am not a techie.  It took me all of 15 minutes.  I used flipz pre-kitchen ( http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-pre-kitchen-02/ ) and it auto rooted the phone.  All I had to do was plug the phone in and click a button, LOL.    As for speed, YES!!.  After rooting the phone I left the stock rom untouched for a while but then said heck with it and did a custom rom and used flipz's Fresh 1.1 rom and then did the Gumbo Kernal with the app setCPU.  The phone now flies.  Not one spec of lag at all and the battery life has even been 30-50% improved.  I am now loving this phone even more than I did before, other than all these goofy issues.

I was nervous to root it since I got it when it came out but finally said the heck with it.  The main reason is that it can easily be put right back to stock whenever needed (if you ever had to take it in for service) and actually rooting it has became even easier with the "kitchen" programs.  If for nothing else, like I said, the nandroid option of backing up and restore is worth it alone.

Just head over to XDA.  Everything you need is there with step by steps and a great community of people to help walk you through anything.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/38911-guide-root-rom-faq-tutorial.html .........scroll all the way down past the manual way of doing it and there are instructions on using pre-kitchen.

Journeyman

Welp, here goes nothin!! Let's see if I can figure this out...  Thanks so much! 

Journeyman

Just read everything and take your time.  Make sure you do the "?" button and make sure everything is good to go before trying to proceed.  You will need to have the HTC Sync installed and when you plug in your phone, DO NOT mount it.  Just plug it in.

If you run into issues, like I said, the XDA site and androidforums are both full of people who will walk you through things and help if you run into any issues.

You can always pm me and I will help where I can.  There are several people here in the community too that know alot about doing this and I am sure they are willing to help and answer questions too.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat