ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Messaging Issues (HTC Hero)

Journeyman

Re: MMS Messaging Issues (HTC Hero)

Well this is try 3 and I'm still not getting past the command prompt part. I follow the directions to a T and extract everything where it needs to go, but when I try to do the prompt command it tells me "device not found"...so that's as far as I can get.

Journeyman

Angi9349 wrote:

Well this is try 3 and I'm still not getting past the command prompt part. I follow the directions to a T and extract everything where it needs to go, but when I try to do the prompt command it tells me "device not found"...so that's as far as I can get.

Command prompt?  Are u using pre-kitchen?........are you talking the pop-up command prompt window?

There shouldnt be anything to extract anywhere other than the pre-kitchen program itself unless you are doing the manual method and using the SDK which I would stick with the auto-rooter (pre-kitchen).

Put the pre-kitchen on main hard drive (C:\prekitchen).  I had it in a sub\sub folder and had issues before.

Did you do the "?" button first and click ok to test settings?  Did everything check out with no red "X" issues?

Did you turn on USB debugging on the phone?  I forgot to do this and it didnt do anything until I did.

What version of windows?  XP, Vista or 7?

Message was edited by: larryluv

Message was edited by: larryluv

Journeyman

I tried without the pre-kitchen which was where I was getting the command prompt, and now, having redone the pre-kitchen twice, I can't get past the "?" as it's telling me "cannot find a part of the path C:\Documents and Settings/acollins/Destop/adb/help.bat'. Then the kitchen closes.

Journeyman

Angi9349 wrote:

I tried without the pre-kitchen which was where I was getting the command prompt, and now, having redone the pre-kitchen twice, I can't get past the "?" as it's telling me "cannot find a part of the path C:\Documents and Settings/acollins/Destop/adb/help.bat'. Then the kitchen closes.

Put the pre-kitchen folder on your main drive......C:\prekitchen

It wont work on your desktop. At least it didn't for me.

Journeyman

I may have just found another fix for the MMS won't download problem in a different forum. Text "allow all" to 9999 and you will get a response from Sprint saying that all messages are now allowed. After doing that, I was playing around with Handcent's "save MMS" feature and noticed that a picture was appearing that I was unable to open earlier. I had never used the save MMS feature before because it was easy enough to just long press on the picture to save, so it could also be possible that pictures that won't open in the thread will show up under save MMS even without sending the "allow all" text. At any rate, my MMS functionality seems to be restored without doing a hard reset. I even sent myself a few pictures to double check. So these tips are worth trying

Journeyman

I followed the instructions and received the reply and when I finished I still wasn't able to receive pics. The reply said "all text messages are now allowed".

Message was edited by: NeicyG

Journeyman

For those of you endeavoring into a reset.....wait a bit longer. As I stated a few days ago, customer service stated that there was an internal MMS problem that would be resolved within 3 days. Last night, I was once again able to receive and send MMS just as before. No hard reset required. Sometimes being patient pays off.

Journeyman

You shouldn't have to be patient for a month (which is how long I waited when I finally gave in to doing my first hard reset to fix the problem) and I have now waited another month since MMS stopped working on me again. I'm trying to hold out til the 2.1 update, in the meantime having people send pics through email or using the sprint picture mail website.

But I did notice something interesting. Sometimes I would get a notification that I got a message but when I'd click on the notification it would take me to the main thread page but I wouldn't have a new message in any of the threads (I know I've read about other people having these disappearing messages) . I'm not sure if this only happens for MMS or also SMS, but if its a picture message then if you go to the sprint picture mail website the message will be there.

Journeyman

This will be addressed in the next maintenance release for the Hero. So until then.....for those users who have Mobile Network off or in roaming with no CDMA coverage, and have WiFi turned on, you won't be able to send/receive MMS messages via WiFi. You can send MMS while in CDMA coverage with or without WiFi on.  If you try to send an MMS with Mobile Network off or without CDMA coverage over Wifi, the MMS will be pending and will send once CDMA network is reacquired. Hope this helps some of the newer users.

Journeyman

I just bought my Hero yesterday and ran into my first MMS "failed download" issue today. I'm new to the thread but am I correct that this is a problem affecting most everyone and that there really isn't a solution until the 2.1 release?

Journeyman

A hard reset back to factory settings temporarily fixes the problem. A month after I did a hard reset the problem came back. Setting up all of your customizations repeatedly is a big hassle. The best work around is to tell people to email pics or go to the sprint picture mail website to view them.

Journeyman

So on top of the annoyance (minor or otherwise depending on your view) of not being able to access some of the most exciting features coming out for Android due to the snail-like pace of Sprint upgrading the OS on our phones, we also have to wait for a fix for a problem that pre-dates the last maintenence release.  Nice.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat