ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Messaging Issues (HTC Hero)

Journeyman

Re: MMS Messaging Issues (HTC Hero)

Annoyance? Very much so! I tried for one month straight to get the issue resolved by going through Sprint AND HTC however they liked to throw the blame back and forth. I also tried, for one month straight, having my phone replaced but would be told "there's just nothing we can do and swapping the phone out will not solve the problem"....on the 29th day of having my new phone I finally raised enough sand and had the phone replaced. Two days later MMS goes down again. Hard reset and problem was fine for about a week...hard reset and so far its' worked fine, HOWEVER, I've also reset the phone since then as I downloaded Handcent SMS and that caused issues with the phone slowing.

As for the update of the OS, I've read that the update will be out late March. As much as I paid for this phone and as much as I love this phone, having to wait for a slow a$$ed update is actually very irritating. I've even went so far as to try to root my phone (GASP, that's voiding my warranty!) to try to get the issue resolved, but I'm unable to root the phone as well.

Sit back on your haunches and go out of YOUR way to tell all of YOUR friends that when they send you pictures, they just have to go out of THEIR way to send them to your email since the slow phone company/manufacturer is taking their sweet time in getting updates for these fabulous phones! Too busy trying to come up with new phones making these antiques...

Journeyman

After playing with it some more, it appears my problem is that I was connected to my home Wi-Fi network, which apparently doesn't connect me to the Sprint mobile network and therefore doesn't allow me to download MMS. Once I turned off Wi-Fi and connected to the Sprint network, the photo downloaded without a problem. No hard reset needed for me.

Is this the issue--that you can't connect to Wi-Fi and use MMS at the same time, or is there another issue going on?

(Sorry if I'm late to the party and asking questions already addressed).

Journeyman

Zenetik, ya got two totally seperate issues here unforunately. You will not be able to download MMS messages with your WiFi turned on. Outside of that, there are a lot of phones having the issue where your MMS messages will just stop all together. You'll get the message with a grey download button, and once you click on the download button it'll act as if it's working, then you'll receive a message saying "download unsuccessful"... Kinda a lose lose situation isn't it? Good luck!

Journeyman

Wow! I spent 2 days trying to figure out why I couldn't send MMS, who would have guessed it was because I had the WiFi turned on. What's the point of turning it on if some features work and others don't. I was actually thinking the pictures I was taking were too large. I hope this is something that can be fixed soon.

Journeyman

@Angi9349: Yes, definitely a bad situation. If I start having the problem of MMS not working at all, I'll be on the phone with Sprint demanding a credit on my bill. MMS is one of the most important parts of my data plan so I expect flawless service if I'm paying for it. Otherwise, Sprint is getting money for a service it isn't delivering properly.

Journeyman

emr0103 wrote:

Wow! I spent 2 days trying to figure out why I couldn't send MMS, who would have guessed it was because I had the WiFi turned on. What's the point of turning it on if some features work and others don't. I was actually thinking the pictures I was taking were too large. I hope this is something that can be fixed soon.

emr0103.....in addition to your discovery, users can send MMS while in CDMA coverage with or without WiFi on.  If you try to send an MMS with the Mobile Network off, or without CDMA coverage over Wifi the MMS will be pending and will send once the CDMA network is reacquired. This issue will be addressed in the next Hero maintenace release.  Hope this explanation helps as well!

izzyks

Journeyman

I've also been getting this "hiddensenderaddress" message after receiving some of those MMS that just disappear (show up in the notification bar but don't appear in the thread)

Journeyman

I've gotten that one time but never again. Two days ago I kept seeing a message that was showing up in the notification bar, but when I went into the messages it was nowhere to be found. I even went so far as turning the phone off and back on to try to "find" the message but it still showed up there but not in the message program. I had to act as if I was going to compose a new message to that person as I was able to see who sent it, then once the screen came up for me to type the new message I got her message that wouldn't show earlier...weird. I sure hope Sprint or HTC or who the heck ever hurries and gets the update done and it corrects all these issues...cuz dang already!

Journeyman

If its a picture message that disappears you can go to the sprint picture mail website and view it

Journeyman

that's the odd part. It was just a regular SMS..but it came through with the same "hiddensenderaddress" and just didn't show in the messages, only in the notification bar. IDK, hard to try to figure this phone out.

Patron

I have had the same problem since October... I finally got them to replace it with a brand new hero and it still does the same thing.

Journeyman

Only the htc hero has this problem sprint told me it was a HTC/GOOGLE issue they told me to wait for the update that has been delayed for months so I ask for my money back for the months I havent received my MMS its $5 dlls a months and they did give credit for it so call its your money.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat