cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Button unlocks phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Menu Button unlocks phone

If I press my menu button twice it bypasses screen lock on my Hero. Anybody else experience this? I'm trying to avoid resetting to factory. Oh yeah and I can't update firmware even though there is new,

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Menu Button unlocks phone

Yes, a double click on the menu button unlocks my phone too. It's been that way even before the update.

Have you tried to update your profile first? Then maybe the software update will work.

Journeyman

I was able to update software downloading to PC (and erasing everything), I'm just disappointed with my phone unlocking in my pocket. It seems pointless to have a screen lock so easily bypassed.

Journeyman

That is a feature in Android. For some reason, HTC didn't ever put in a "press menu to unlock" message on their lock screen. If you want to root your Hero, then you can keep it from doing that. Otherwise, just going to have to learn ways to avoid it. I don't understand how people activate it in their pockets. I almost never have a problem with it. Perhaps try putting the screen facing your leg? Its a good idea anyway because it makes it less likely you will damage the screen.

Journeyman

Screen always facing my leg, phone always doing something retarded/embarassing in my pocket lol. I was using a belt clip phone was getting a little bit of damage especially at work and finally broke the clip. This "feature" (if you could call it that) is the only thing that makes me want to smashh it! I tolerate the sluggish response and the mini freeze ups, but , this phone makes me look like an idiot one more time... So I will look into rooting my phone.

Journeyman

Yeah, I am sorry about that. But like I said, its a feature built straight into android from the beginning. You will need to do more than just root it, but if you decide to, just join the XDA developer community and look for your answers here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=641. Good luck.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat