cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues with the HTC Hero -- DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Multiple issues with the HTC Hero -- DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!!!

1. I do not receive all of my text messages.  My boyfriend is on Verizon and I will have him send test text messages to my phone and I will get about 50% of them.

2. When the phone rings, it will only ring for 5-6 seconds before going to voicemail.

3. The battery life is horrible

4. My phone does not tell me I have voicemail's, so I just have to call my voicemail multiple times a day to see if I have anything.

5. It doesn't sync my contacts together... so for instance, I have my boyfriends phone number, emails, home address, etc all in SEPARATE contacts and the HERO wont sync them together.

6. The phone doesnt put my facebook friends into my phone, I have to manually link each contact with their facebook account.

I am returning this phone tomorrow.

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay Don't Get Me Wrong Or Anything, But The Only Apps I Need, Are As Follows ,pandora,operamini5,sprintemail,a few Games, And Sprint TV, So Who Really Has All 10,000 Apps And At Least This Phone Isn't The Shitty Iphone, All The Bugs Will Fall By The Droid. da da da iphone sucks android rules

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll give you another reason not to buy this phone, it doesn't reliably accept an incoming phone call.  The caller will hear it ring 3, 4, or 5 times before the Hero even lights up and then another ring before the Hero makes a sound.

SPRINT AND HTC don't seem to be able to come up with a solution other than swapping the phone out which obviously doesn't work...

give me a break.

-TL

Highlighted
Journeyman

"God, I wish I lived in a perfect world where I have nothing to complain about and everything works 100% of the time." "My HTC Hero is beyond my comprehension and therefore it is a bad phone to own." "MY HTC didn't take me to dinner last night and instead came home drunk after going to the bar with it's friends."

Instead of complaining about a phone you did not take the time to fully understand, why not read some forums, blogs, or even the book that came with your phone. There is a lot of information that can help you through your issues. Take a little time out of your day to do some research on your own. No one is going to hold your hands through life and it's time you accepted that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gosh. The phone I had before the Hero was the first Samsung Instinct. Coming from a phone that had advertisements in theaters as the new "iPhone Killer" (hardly), it was one of the worst smartphones I've ever owned. The HTC Hero was such a pleasant upgrade. Aside from a few quirks and the ancient 1.5 firmware, it's actually a good phone.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I had an AT&T account for 2 years in conjunction with Sprint (for work) and in those 2 years I had FIVE, yes, 5 replacement iPhones due to bugs and software issues yet it's the number one selling smartphone in America, go figure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont know what you guys are doing to your phones, but MY Hero works perfectly & never had an issue, I've had mine since the first week they came out. I have NOT done the OS upgrade and I'm pretty sure I wont untill all the bugs are worked out. Other than that, no complaints... Except I really sort of hate the keyboard for texting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

aight ive had my hero for about 3 weeks and well no probs  get every phone call and every txt.  only problem with battery is when using bluetooth and tether but thats a gimme.  my advice,  get over your problems or get a differant phone   and remember YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How astute of you.  You must really live an efficient and profound life!  I don't know you, I don't know anything other than the vitriolic crap you wrote.  You are a sarcastic dolt and I can only imagine how depressing it is to be you.  My HTC Hero was so amazing last night that it tickled my t**nt!  Holy crap, it was amazing.

The HTC Hero seems to have a wildly variable level of functionality.  Mine is a total POS.  I have lived in many countries and have owned more than a dozen phones around the world.  I recognize that I am neither a technophile nor a completely confused user.  I am somewhere in between and my HTC Hero is an inferior product that is an embarrassment to the smart phone market.  It has some very redeeming qualities but it is miles and miles behind the iPhone's trustable usability.  I own multiple MacBook Pros, as well as a Windows-based laptop.  This Android phone is like a PC vs. an iPhone and a Mac.  It is constantly glitchy and signficant issues.  More than anything the phone is not trustworthy, which is really its major failing.  But why continue on when you are so full of sarcastic vitriol and blind adoration.  Ultimately, if your phone is the best thing ever, then great.  It's awesome that your phone strokes you and does all of the major smart phone maneuvers seamlessly.  Mine doesn't.

Have a nice day and enjoy the figging your phone gives you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't really add much more since I'm already on my SIXTH HTC Hero. I did what a fellow forum member suggested and just went for broke and rooted my phone with 2.2 (rather than with Sprint's/HTC's buggy version of 2.1) and holy cow. Talk about night and day. Sprint should hire the persons behind XDA Developers because the ROM I used (custom or not) resurrected my phone! I actually have access to the services that I'm paying over $100+ a month to Sprint! What I don't get is that each time a problem occurs, Sprint blames the phone as defective and I end up going to a Sprint Store to get yet another "replacement phone". Rather than focusing on advertising, it'd be great if Sprint actually focused on the equipment they sell which are really key instruments for the services they provide. The HTC Hero has been the WORST, yes, WORST phone I ever had with Sprint since I joined them in 2000.  My Samsung Instinct (the first one that was released and was penned as the "iPhone Killer" - lmao) didn't have as many issues as this phone did. To each his/her own. This is the last HTC phone I will ever buy again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat