cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My HTC Hero is locked and I didn't set up a Gmail!!!

Journeyman

My HTC Hero is locked and I didn't set up a Gmail!!!

I had my HTC Hero in my pocket and apparently the lock pattern screen was on so after a while it locked me out for to many pattern attempts and says I need to enter my Gmail username and password to unlock it.  I never set up a Gmail account.  So I went online using a computer and setup an account and tried to use that to unlock my phone and it didn't work.  It's the only phone I have so I can't call sprint for help!  What do I do?

3 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: My HTC Hero is locked and I didn't set up a Gmail!!!

You will need to visit a Sprint Service and Repair center and have them unlock the phone.  You can find your nearest Sprint Service center at:

http://storelocator.sprint.com

Just curious - how does the Hero work without a Google account?

Journeyman

wengla03 wrote:

Just curious - how does the Hero work without a Google account?

The Hero will work just fine without a Google acct. However, Market (apps can still be side loaded), Gtalk, Gmail (some prefer to get their Gmail through the HTC mail app which will continue to work) and any other Google based app will not work. All other functions will work fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It worked great until about 1 month ago and just like everyone elses I haven't been able to get MM from anyone.  My sister has same phone but hasn't had a problem.  BTW thx for the tip, gonna go try it now.  I figured that's what I'd have to do but I was hoping there was something I could do on my own!