Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Hero Died...

Journeyman

My Hero Died...

My phone died tonight. It began to do everything very slow, so I rebooted. After that it says that I have no service and almost everything force quits. All of the essential phone software like com.android, music, com.coremobility, com.google etc. Also, when I go onto mysprint.com to look at my account there is a grayed out spot where my phone should be. I still see my second line and the picture of that phone.

I called Sprint tech support and they tried to reprovision my phone from their end but it didn't work. So they wanted to reset my phone by going into the dialer and doing the ##code but the dialer crashes every time. They can't fix it so they advise me to exchange the device...bummer.

WiFi works, I can still get online and do stuff like that but the phone and network portion won't do anything.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My Hero Died...

did you root? or are you just running regular software? u can Dm me if u dont feel comfortable answering in the thread.

Highlighted
Patron

Re: My Hero Died... Look for bork thread

That happened to me too. http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/122514

I ended up hard resetting which lost all my scenes and the efforts of an entire weekend of nerding out.

I ended up resetting the next time it happened too.

But by the third time, I found that the Settings/Manage Apps/Uninstall was still working, and I uninstalled a few apps and rebooted and the phone worked again.

Now the question I have, is,

1. Did I install too many apps
  2. Is this a problem with *this* phone that doesn't occur on other android phones
  3. Is it a bad app I installed
  4. Is it a bad app that came from Sprint or HTC

My phone works, but I can no longer install a new app without uninstalling an old app.

Various "File Explorer Apps" and Backup Apps do make copies of the apps, and so does an app called...  appmanager.

So try uninstalling some app and seeing what happens, if the phone works again, backup your apps with appmanager and consider mybackup or sprite to backup your settings.  Sadly, I don't think they backup HTC Sense scenes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My Hero Died...

the_real_newman wrote:

did you root? or are you just running regular software? u can Dm me if u dont feel comfortable answering in the thread.

Didn't root, just running regular software plus several downloaded things from the market. But nothing other than normal app type stuff.

Got a new phone, it works, I'm happy again...for now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My Hero Died... Look for bork thread

jerry85032 wrote:

That happened to me too. http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/122514

I ended up hard resetting which lost all my scenes and the efforts of an entire weekend of nerding out.

I ended up resetting the next time it happened too.

But by the third time, I found that the Settings/Manage Apps/Uninstall was still working, and I uninstalled a few apps and rebooted and the phone worked again.

Now the question I have, is,

1. Did I install too many apps
  2. Is this a problem with *this* phone that doesn't occur on other android phones
  3. Is it a bad app I installed
  4. Is it a bad app that came from Sprint or HTC

My phone works, but I can no longer install a new app without uninstalling an old app.

Various "File Explorer Apps" and Backup Apps do make copies of the apps, and so does an app called...  appmanager.

So try uninstalling some app and seeing what happens, if the phone works again, backup your apps with appmanager and consider mybackup or sprite to backup your settings.  Sadly, I don't think they backup HTC Sense scenes.

I don't know what happened. I uninstalled a few things, turned the phone off and on and nothing happened. So I turned the phone off for about an hour or so and it came back on.

I didn't want to fool with it so I went and exchanged it for a new phone. Everything seems to be working now.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat