cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "end" key paint is chipping

Journeyman

Re: My "end" key paint is chipping

have reported this issue to our Sprint corporate account manager and to two separate stores. All said "tough luck".

Message was edited by: w_whitley

Journeyman

So call Sprint customer service and tell them that you are having ring lag problems or having touchscreen lag etc, they'll ask you to reset your phone etc and when none of those "fixes" work Sprint will swap the phone out.

In reality you won't be lying because you do have those problems to some degree or another.

Done!

Simply use Sprint's ****** against them.

-TL

Message was edited by: izzyks

Journeyman

Having the same issue here.  I so can't wait to get rid of this phone.  Sprint seems to be behind the power curve when it comes to their phone line-up.  Just waiting to see what this EVO is all about, otherwise I'll try the HD

Journeyman

This is an email I sent to sprint today, I am curious to see what their response is because it looks like this is a big issue, but everyone is getting a "tough luck" answer.

I bought an HTC Hero about 1 month after it came out and my "end/lock" key is just a red blob now. The paint has chipped off. It happened about a month after I bought it and I am reading online that this is a BIG problem with MANY people that own the Hero. I want to know what Sprint AND/OR HTC can do for me (or us, Hero owners) as to fix this problem. Can it be repaired? Does it have to be swapped? Or is Sprints Customer Service going to reply with a "this is the 1st we've heard of this issue" email and give me a generic 800 number to call and get the run around. Thank you in advance for your help.

I've been dealing with the problem, but now seeing how many people have this problem I know it wasn't just my phone that had some sort of defect. I will post their email here once I get it.

Journeyman

bought my hero in february and my end key paint has chipped off also.

Journeyman

If you have TEP or your phone is less than one year old you can take it into a repair center and have the keyboard or phone replaced under the normal ware and tear act in the warranty and TEP.

Journeyman

Had peeling buttons for months and I bought the Hero the first day out. Sucks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, same has happened to my phone and it looks like my 'back' key is going to start also.  I hate to swap the phone out just for a key.  I wish sprint had a solution.

Journeyman

All of my keys are chipping. I've had this phone for almost 9 months now. It is almost impossible to recognize my menu, home. back, green call button, and end button. The search button started chipping too. Is there a fix for this and or does sprint cover this under there protection plan yet????
Journeyman

This is the email i got back from Sprint about my phone,not much HELP at this time.

Dear Peter Dove Medows,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.  I understand that the paint of your
HTC HERO is coming out.

I am sorry to know the color of the phone is coming out. I have
forwarded your complaint to the appropriate department.  If you hare
facing any issue with the phone, you can visit the nearest Sprint Store.

You can also contact the HTC at (866) 449-8358 in this regard.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we
can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Makeel A
Sprint

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Form: Ask A Question-Manage
Topic: General Inquiry
SUB Topic: General Inquiry
=============================================================
Original Question: chipping paint htc hero
Question: Hello Sprint,
I have a HTC Hero but the paint is chipping on the End & Return
keys,there is no more paint left on the end button and just a big area
were the the return was. By now i would hope that Sprint & HTC have a
answer for this. So how can you hell me? look forward to the answer in

Journeyman

I have had the Hero since October and noticed issue the key issue after two months.

Now back key is smudged, and the end key is completely red.

Atleast the phone is much more stable then the Moment, which I bought for my wife a few months ago.  That phone keeps locking up.

Nothing like paying $300-$500 for phones that either look awful or don't work after a few months.

BTW - do not get me wrong, I love the Hero and highly recommend it.

Jason

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat