cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO 2.1 for First Generation Android Devices... Go figure

Journeyman

NO 2.1 for First Generation Android Devices... Go figure

Read it and weep for those that believed the bologna that spews from the suits..

http://twitter.com/HTCSource/status/7412954126

I expected nothing less. So glad I don't pay for phones. I'd go broke.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: NO 2.1 for First Generation Android Devices... Go figure

I read that wasn't even an official HTC account..Is that true?

Anyway. Meh. After rooting and freshing it up.. I love my Hero.It is fast and sextronic now and

I'm in no rush to have the biggest baddest next thing.

Patron

Umm. That is not the official HTC Twitter account. They didnt event capitalize the "A" in Android...

Journeyman

Does everyone seriously believe that HTC is going to post this information right away??????? Not on a cold day in hell.

Do I believe this a valid HTC twitter account? NO!! I don't.

Do I believe it's leaked/accurate information? Yes! It makes perfect sense. Watch and see.

Patron

Umm. Go to this "HTCSource" guys main Twitter page, read some of his tweets, and THEN tell me if you would be willing to give this guy's tweets any credibility: http://twitter.com/HTCSource

It looks like a little kid just jotting some random info down from whatever website he happens to be on at the moment. You can believe him if you want, I for one will continue to listen to official Sprint and HTC. THEY both said Android 2.1 for the Hero, and until THEY say otherwise, it's still that way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is the Sprint Hero a "First Generation" Android phone?

Journeyman

**BREAKING NEWS JUST IN**

First gen PC's can't run Windows 7, and Apple II's can't run OS X...poor suckers!

Journeyman

BuffHero wrote:

Is the Sprint Hero a "First Generation" Android phone?

No, plus, we've already been told by Sprint that we'll get 2.1 in the 1H 2010.

Journeyman

Yeah, I did not think so. It's a good phone and the 2.1 update will make it even better.

Patron

I call complete BS on that twitter account. Even Roger's HTC Magic (same device as T-Mobile's MyTouch 3G) is getting 2.1 as well:

http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/01/06/rogers-and-htc-give-up-magic-will-see-android-2-1-but-dream-ge...

If the MAGIC can get it, there is no doubt that the Hero can. People really need to stop believing unofficial news. And if they still choose to, they surely need to stop passing it on to others.

Journeyman

Hi, can you tell me how (or where you got the info about) you rooted the Hero. I'd really like to get rid of all the deadbeat apps (stocks, Twitter, Nascar, etc.) that make the thing run like its in quicksand.

Thanks so much.

Journeyman

Ease up guys! HTC Source IS NOT an official HTC site or Twitter account. Bogus info floating left and right these days. Chill people.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat