cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sprint ZONE app NOT coming to the Hero???

Journeyman

New Sprint ZONE app NOT coming to the Hero???

Sprint, why not provide this for the HERO???  Shouldn't this app be in the Android market for all of us Sprint customers???

Source: http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=127149&p=irol-newsArticle_newsroom&ID=1449460

11 REPLIES
Master

Re: New Sprint ZONE app NOT coming to the Hero???

Check your "Sprint" account app on your phone, They just updated the links on it, It is not an addable app available to add separately.

Levi4u - I am not clear how to access these changes that you reference. I have a Hero and I have the Sprint powerdeck as a bookmark (already bookmarked when you purchase the Hero). When I click on this and go to categories>MyAccount there does not appear to be any changes?? Is this what you are referencing and what changes should I see? I wish that you could get to these forums from my Hero but trying to do that by going to the full website is "horrendous." Thanks for your help.

Journeyman

I'm a Hero user also trying to figure out what's the deal with this app.  Are we just out of luck?

Highlighted
Master

Must not be available on the Hero or Moment, From what I can find those phones are not listed.

The Sprint Zone is currently available as an icon on the HTC EVO(TM) 4G, Samsung Intercept(TM) and BlackBerry(R) Bold. In addition, the application will be available on future devices, including the Samsung Epic(TM) 4G and the Motorola i1, as an icon on the home screen.

Wizard

ozzie1p wrote:

I'm a Hero user also trying to figure out what's the deal with this app.  Are we just out of luck?

I would say that you are IN luck, not out of luck.  The Sprint Zone app is only a front end that sends you to a website through your browser to check your minutes.  It is completely and utterly lame.  What is even better is that the Sprint Zone app constantly opens and runs in the background on your phone (even when you have all the notifications turned off).  It's really poorly designed and coded.  They should make it an actual application that presents your usage summary in easy to read formats and fonts like the Verizon application does with just a click of opening it, not redirecting to a mobile page that has more links in it.  Now, I don't know what's "new" about it because its been on the Evo since the day I got it. (unless I have yet to receive an upgrade notice that I am unaware of)

Master

Edit

Message was edited by: Levi4u

Journeyman

Thanks guys.  I don't feel so left out now.  I can basically do the same thing with the sprint homepage link to my account.

Journeyman

What i never heard of it????

Journeyman

The moment I started getting that error I uninstalled it so it could stop wasting space on my Hero. If it was of any importance the phone would not allow you to remove it anyhow.