cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after installing applications

Patron

No service after installing applications

I am having a big problem with my phone. It is not for every app downloaded but after turning the phone off and rebooting it after I have downloaded apps my phone comes back on with No service and almost every Android app (gmail, maps, phone, etc..) errors on startup up and forces me to close it. If I go back and uninstall every app I just installed (I use appmanager cause the market is disabled without service) and the reboot the phone I get service again. I really dont want to have to reboot after every single app installed but it seems like that is the only way. Please help I have tried searching but cannot find any other topics concerning this.

23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

Re: No service after installing applications

I had the same problem.

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/14366-2nd-hero-same-problem.html#post85851

Basically, there is a limit.  Erase some apps see if your phone boots up.  My suggestion, be more selective.

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/15011-70-app-limit-hero-sprint.html

Good luck.

Journeyman

You're installing too many at a time.

Patron

Is it really a problem with having too many apps? That would be a big downfall for the phone if there is a limit to the number of apps one can have on the phone at any given time. I don't think it is from installing too many apps at once because I have done that as a test as well and sometimes I get lucky on the reboot sometimes I don't. It has to be some kind of incompatibility with the phone on certain apps. Thanks for the replys!

Journeyman

No, not a matter of having too many on the phone, but installing too many at one time.

Journeyman

I'm not saying your theory on installing too many at once is incorrect, but I do have situations where it seems like that isn't the case, for example:

After a factory reset I have installed 30 or more apps in one sitting and I restart with no problems, also, when I was having this issue, I would erase a few apps turn my phone off, then back on, and I would have service, then I would install just 1 app and restart and I would lose service, so if it happened with just one app installed after being restarted then it seems like its not just how many you install at once.

Message was edited by: crake001

Journeyman

Did you install those 30 at a time from the market? Or using an App Manager?

Journeyman

Good question, the first time i factory reset it was through the market i reinstalled my apps, the phone of course messed up again, the second time, and there after have been mainly from app manager.  I see your point now, does the phone just freak out until you uninstall all apps downloaded in that session?

Patron

I have primarily installed apps from the market and this is when it happens. I have not received this error using appmanager. I am still going with my instincts that it has to be certain apps.

Journeyman

Yea. It happened to me twice. And I just happened to be installing a bunch of apps from the market at once, rebooted, and things were all screwed up. So I uninstalled a couple, rebooted, and it was fine. Then, I did the same thing again, and it started crashing again. Thought I was gonna have to do a hard reset til I read it could be certain apps causing the problem. Then I read installing a lot at a time could mess things up. Uninstalled, rebooted, fine. Then I started installing apps again, spacing them out some and haven't had that problem since. And it never happened to me when I installed from AppManager. Just when I was installing a bunch of apps from the Market. Couldn't be a certain one because I installed the exact same apps back on the phone and it didn't crash when I rebooted.

Patron

The problem is definitely programs incompatible with the Hero. I just installed the new US Bank visa app for my phone and it does not support my version of android. I rebooted and got no service. I uninstalled and got service back.

Patron

So has anyone else experienced this problem and pinpoined individual programs as well? The first app that did it to me that I was able to pinpoint a problem was the Visa Mobile app. When you start the program it says the program is not supported by this version of Android and quits. That was the only app I had installed since the previous reboot and so when I rebooted again I got no service. After I uninstalled that 1 program I got service back. I updated the Tunewiki program yesterday and rebooted. Got no service again, uninstalled that 1 program and got service back....  Kind of iritating to have to pinpoint which apps will work on the phone and which will not, including those with updates available.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat