cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official test release candidate for the Sprint Hero 2.1 leaked

Journeyman

Re: Official test release candidate for the Sprint Hero 2.1 leaked

The one labeled "maps" opens google maps. For your keyboard issue is it when you switch to landscape mode or is it during typing? I used to have an issue with mine (on 1.5) but I downloaded the app "bubble" and calibrated it. It worked fine after that.

Journeyman

Thanks for the quick reply, what about your apps and the market are they working with this release.

Journeyman

All of my apps are working. Of course I did not have anything out of the ordinary.

Another cool thing is if you add (+) > shortcut > settings > battery use,  it will place an icon on your desktop that will let you know what is draining your battery. Mine is 62% Display and 38% cell standby. It gives you the tips when you touch one of these to improve your percentages. The display one will tell you to lower your brightness or timeout. You can see what is actually draining your battery.

Journeyman

OK, I have installed this ROM and like it so far.

I am also trying out the "Battery Usage" shortcut thing.  What I find odd is that my WiFi usage is 6%, yet WiFi is turned off.  Hmmm.  I have every single WiFi setting turned off and it continues to say I am using 6%.  Or is it that this simply says how much of my full charge I have used for WiFi in particular?  I guess that could be.

Also, has anyone figured out where to change the mobile network?  For example EVDO only, 1xRT only, etc?  I am wondering because I have an Airave at home and this ROM does not handle network handoffs very well.  I drop the call every time when I go from 1X on the Airave to EVDO on the tower network.

Message was edited by: tedya

Message was edited by: tedya

Journeyman

I installed this on my phone and so far everything seems to be working ok. The only thing I noticed is that I lost all my linked Facebook pictures for my contacts and there is no where to link them back again thru the "People" option. Unless that option has been moved somewhere else?

Journeyman

I have the Moment & installed the leaked 2.1 RC & Facebook integration is borked there as well. I think its an API 2.1 / Application thing.

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Journeyman

Have you tried the official Facebook app?

Journeyman

I am still rolling with this release. I have yet to find any bugs except I still have the phone ring lag.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know a lot of people in this thread are using the leaked roms but the official one comes out early May . Sprint tweeted that . So I mean if anyone wants to wait up ...

& if some apps aren't working and you have the leaked ROM then maybe that's why. So why not wait ? I understand though I even almost went and flashed my phone and etc but with leaked ROMS there will always be something that won't work just like the official one mainly because it's not built the same way. Can't wait a few more weeks ?

Wizard

I am waiting because I need a working device.

The entry on twitter confirm early second quarter

"Have said first half 2010 all along, now (still)  saying early Q2."

Journeyman

Yea and May is still on for early Q2 so all seems good so far. And glad your waiting cause so am I. I was just mainly referring to the people bashing 2.1 (leaked) like it was going to be the same thing as the official one. Leaked versions will always be behind or not as stable as the authentic. Cause I seen somebody post saying man I hope your not waiting for 2.1 cause it's a let down and so what are ya'll waiting for ? I mean common sense would of told them  that the leaked version would of not had everything . I know they seen 2.1 on the Desire and EVO and Legend etc so why are they thinking the leaked version will be the same ? Obviously something is lacking. But if people know what they are doing and can wait until they send out more leaked versions and wait until they catch up to the stable one which will be here in a few weeks then be my guess . I rather get it all right in one update .

Journeyman

If even we installed this release candidate (tester) for 2.1, we will still get the notification from Sprint when the official update gets here.  This won't effect any sort of services that Sprint needs to give us from here on out.  So why not download it?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat