cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official test release candidate for the Sprint Hero 2.1 leaked

Journeyman

Re: Official test release candidate for the Sprint Hero 2.1 leaked

I downloaded a live wallpaper but there is no way to set it with Sense. There is no way that I am ever getting another HTC phone that has Sense on it unless they allow all of the google features.

Journeyman

well been using it for a while and so far i only have a few issues

Lag in horable in lascape mode keyboard.

No live wallpaper as mentioned above

Takes up a lot more space on the phone

I will report back when i have a chance to test the battery life. but there are a lot of cool things about it Hey its 2.1 and its not offical so do at your own risk. I havent noticed any horable effects can receive and sent text pics and email.

If you have any questions or want me to try something let me know and i will see if i can help you out

Journeyman

2.1 has been amputated by HTC Sense. Everyone will be disappointed if this is anything like the final version.

Journeyman

You mean, the Nexus One? Launching in a few weeks?

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Journeyman

For me, the whole point of buying an HTC phone, aside from the hardware itself, is the Sense UI. It makes Android feel just a bit more polished, not to mention the fact that it enabled Multitouch on 1.5. Of course, this is a personal preference. I'm sure there are many people who love stock Android. On another note. I don't think people will be too dissappointed with this. It brings fixes to problems that some users were reporting, and it allows us to do some very nice things with the phone, (i.e. use Google Goggles, Turn-by-turn navigation through Google Maps, Google Buzz, and a slew of other apps that only run on 1.6 and later) It also must be said that this is a leak, so we have no way of telling how far along it is in the testing/buxfix phase. This, for all we know could be rc1 in a line that extends to rc5. since these things bounce back and forth quite a bit between Sprint and HTC, the only way for us to know exactly what the OS will and won't have is to wait for the actual update. It may, in fact have the live wallpapers. We just don't know yet. Besides, before you are too harsh with HTC, remember that Motorola removed the 3d app grid and made it look like the bog-standard Android 1.5-2.0.

Journeyman

Hey Carona Doug have you noticed any lag on the lanscape keyboard and what is your internal memory usage now. did you wipe the phone or just run the .exe?

Journeyman

I just ran the EXE. My memory (from advanced task killer) was at 39 and now it is bumped to 83M after the kill.

My internal phone storage is at 75.36mb. I have not noticed lag on the keyboard.

Journeyman

Yes it does need to be rooted to flash this to your phone. Unless I am doing something way wrong, cause its not doing a thing on my stock Hero.

Journeyman

I've done a bit more research and in fact, this is a "release-candidate" (note the quotations). As far as I can tell, this is a release by XDA developer Damageless, who has rooted the RC, (we still don't know which RC this actually is) and people have said that it is not, in fact, stock, but it is Sprint signed, so it may have extra stuff from the developer in there, which may account for the extra size. Also, if you're not careful, you can get one of the XDA hacked versions that require your phone to be rooted. This leak is, at best, a "test" rc, so it can be better, but it could also be worse. Play at your own risk.

Journeyman

Is the picture mail working better now? How is Google navagation,maps on the hero. Thanks

Journeyman

I have received some pictures with out an issue but then again i haven't had an issue before. I noticed there are 3 navagation programs one is google one is sprint and a new one is just maps. Dont get why we need 3 of them maybe that is what is taking so long for the offical 2.1 they don't know what map to use and are lost somewhere.

My keyboard lag is really bad i don't know what to do about it i have tried to restart and stuff and it doesn't seem to get any better.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask I have installed this on my phone already and so far i am happy with it.

Journeyman

Picture mail and the camera is better. The google navigation is cool but I wish it had a bigger display.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat