Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound mail

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Outbound mail

I love my Hero -- and I'm developing A Killer App(tm) for it -- but I have a question on a more mundane subject: outbound mail. I have successfully received mail from my pop3 server, but I can't get it to send mail out to my sendmail server. The sendmail is not accepting any e-mail from the phone despite the fact that I set up both sprint.com and sprintpcs.com as acceptable access zones.

On my home cable net, I've set up to use my roadrunner account smtp-server@rr.com as the outbound server, but that's not working with sprintpcs.com. I saw one earlier thread  that suggested using username@sprintpcs.com as the outbound server name, but that didn't work for him or for me.  Any ideas?

TIA, now back to my app!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Outbound mail

This works for me.

I went to the Hero's Settings/AboutPhone/Status to get my current username, username@sprintpcs.com.  Then, I setup a HTC Mail account using the service providers POP or IMAP settings for incoming email.  Then, for outgoing server settings I used these;

Logon required:  Checked

Username:  username@sprintpcs.com

Password:  (see Note)

SMTP Server:  smtp.sprintpcs.com

Security Type:  None

Server Port:  25

Note:  I had a password setup before I upgraded from the Instinct to the Hero, but after upgrading to the Hero I had to reset the password since it apparently wiped it out during the upgrade process I guess.  The password can be reset by logging into MySprint account and selecting create/change the email server password under My Online Tools/Productivity Tools.

Journeyman

Re: Outbound mail

Thank you, DaWeav! A score. I had a MySprint acct set up but didn't realize and wasn't told that there was another setting for e-mail.

Life in a world of many systems! The good news is that we have many systems and can afford them! A few minor glitches I can live with!

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat