Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! HTC HERO SMS NOTIFICATIONS

Highlighted
Journeyman

PLEASE HELP! HTC HERO SMS NOTIFICATIONS

Hey guys n gals

I have a HTC hero for my sins! and have installed both Chomp sms and Handcent apps but i keep getting notifications in the status bar from the downloaded app AND my htc home sms app!

I have disabled notifications from the home SMS app and enabled it or chomp/handecnt, restarted my handset but i still get 2 notifications! its driving me mad!

It got so annyoing i have deleted handcent and chomp and just use the home app which looks nothing as good as the 2 mentioned apps!

PS. i only had one of the apps installed at any one time!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: PLEASE HELP! HTC HERO SMS NOTIFICATIONS

ChompSMS and Handcent both put the notifications in the status bar. And are you sure you correctly disabled the other? Go to Messages (The App) Hit menu > Settings > Notifications, and make sure you unchecked it.

Message was edited by: ajones1989

Journeyman

Re: PLEASE HELP! HTC HERO SMS NOTIFICATIONS

Install Handcent. The default HTC SMS messager has a bug that drains the battery very quicky.

Google Handcent and they have a walk through that tells you exactly how to disable the default SMS notifications. It works, you must have missed something somewhere (=

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat