cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perhaps an update on the 2.1 upgrade...

Highlighted
Patron

Perhaps an update on the 2.1 upgrade...

I've been on the site for a long time and have used this forum since the release of the Hero after buying five for my business.  Like all of you I'm really excited to get the update from Sprint/HTC.  My best friend is a executive for Sprint and honestly he isn't someone that is always in the know but he is at a company meeting now and is texting me that they are being told by HTC reps that the 2.1 update will come on April 9.  I know that date has been thrown around before and I'm not here to tell you that I can guarantee you that date but he said all reps there say it's April 9.

Not trying to stir things up or pretend that I have some definite inside news but I wanted to pass on what I was just told.

52 REPLIES 52
Journeyman

Re: Perhaps an update on the 2.1 upgrade...

I hope it does come out on the 9th so I can call Will a liar

He confirmed that the April 9th rumor is wrong

Patron

Yeah I read that as well.  My friend carries the Hero and he was hoping to find out while at the meeting and he said it's being openly discussed.  There are other vendors there and everyone seemed to be on the same page.  They talked about the new features and how they were getting hit so hard because of the picture mail issue.  My guy doesn't get a lot of early info but this comes from people that should have a better idea of what we can expect.

Journeyman

Hopefully this one is true.  But until the update is on our phones no one can count on what is said in meetings.  Look at the mis-statements by Moto and Verizon regarding the Droid update.

Oh and maybe I can finally change my sign... 

Fubie

N1 bound!
HTC Hero and Sprint

The Not Right Now Red Headed Step Child Android Phone™ on the Now Network™.

Journeyman

Don't count on your phone getting the 2.1 update til late May.

Journeyman

It looks like you will be changing your Sign pretty soon. I am in no way guessing at a date but halcyoncmdr said that there will be no incremental updates and the next one will be 2.1

Journeyman

I'd love for this to be right, but I've got one thing to say in the mean time:

Bla...

I'm feeling more than a bit jaded by the number of rumors and cable company "on time" release date promises. I wont believe it until I see it pop up on my phone.

Message was edited by: HunterA3

Journeyman

Unfortunately, this date, 4/9 is NOT correct.

Journeyman

ALL the admins are downplaying 04/09, but an official tweet to give us an update and kill the rumors would be nice since it seems that is really the only trusted source and we are now in Q2.

Journeyman

Not going to happen. Numerous people have asked, but we have not gotten any further detail since the last official Sprint tweet some 6 weeks ago.

Journeyman

I've read one or two posts from the admins here in the recent past that there is no definitive date as to when android 2.1 will drop, the only confirmed time frame is early 2Q 2010.  My question, to izzyks or any other admin on these forums is simply, how is it that you can tell us there isn't a definitive date yet you're absolutely sure that we will NOT get 2.1 on 4/9?

I'm not saying I believe the 4/9 rumor but I don't see how someone that DOESN'T know when 2.1 will drop, DOES know when it won't!

Journeyman

Smells like a NDA to me

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat