cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perhaps an update on the 2.1 upgrade...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Spoke with Advanced Support

Yeah when the "advanced support" tech told me that 1.22.651.1 was the most recent version and kept referring to 1.56 as the firmware, I should of known. Maybe it was wishful thinking that the "slip" was actually a "slip". Well the day is running out and there is no update so I guess I will be stuck with 1.22 for now ..... /sigh

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure what is going on with your phone, but you should be able to upgrade to the 1.56 software now. That update was released back in November I think.

On your phone........ menu....settings....about phone...system updates.....

Message was edited by: Dgskydive

Highlighted
Journeyman

DG, that is not working, I spoke with HTC support last night and it was explained to me that phones with the 122.651.1 ROM was actually a pre-release phone and that a large number somehow made it out to market. The Hero shipped with the 129.651.1 ROM which I am going to venture and assume had the ability to update not coded in. I have read numerous places that the way to take care of it is to download the 129.651.1 ROM and then manually update the phone and it will take over from there.

So the dilema I am in is do I download a 3rd party copy of the ROM and update myself or push Sprint to send me the ROM and push it. I know that the process is easy. But I don't want to brick my phone due to a 3rd party ROM. I am in quite a pickle, but I read that Wengla2 might have a solution. I am currently waiting on a response.

forJAT

Highlighted
Journeyman

forJAT wrote:

DG, that is not working, I spoke with HTC support last night and it was explained to me that phones with the 122.651.1 ROM was actually a pre-release phone and that a large number somehow made it out to market. The Hero shipped with the 129.651.1 ROM which I am going to venture and assume had the ability to update not coded in. I have read numerous places that the way to take care of it is to download the 129.651.1 ROM and then manually update the phone and it will take over from there.

So the dilema I am in is do I download a 3rd party copy of the ROM and update myself or push Sprint to send me the ROM and push it. I know that the process is easy. But I don't want to brick my phone due to a 3rd party ROM. I am in quite a pickle, but I read that Wengla2 might have a solution. I am currently waiting on a response.

forJAT

If I was in your situation, I would be going to xda-developers.com and finding the RUU for the phone and flashing it. The RUU is just the factory image for it.

Don't quote me since I've not done one, but I do believe you can put the phone into fastboot mode and flash it without rooting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There's an official 1.56 RUU from HTC that doesn't require rooting.

You should install that.

http://geekfor.me/news/sprint_ruu_156/

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat