cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone automatically reset this morning

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone automatically reset this morning

Did this happen to anyone else? My HTC Hero automatically rebooted itself this morning. As far as I can tell, there are no changes to the phone.

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Phone automatically reset this morning

Sounds like your phone just crashed and reboot itself.

You didn't get any special updates.

Journeyman

You're not alone...I came on here to see if it happened to others too. My phone has never reset itself even once since I had it and I haven't changed anything...yet this morning it reboot itself. Have a feeling it might have been some type of small patch or something? Too much of a coincidence for both our phones to reboot at the same time.

Journeyman

My girfeind had the same issue but on Monday Morn. her phone died and when she put it on the charger it had resetand all contacts and apps were gone ...

Journeyman

Mine reset yesterday morning as well. I noticed that my phone was roaming and I lost my 3g until last night I regained my signal and my 3g.

Weird.

Journeyman

My phones battery went dead overnight, which is common because the battery really sucks.  When I plugged the phone back in this morning and it came back to life it was completely reset.  All of my accounts have been deleted, my apps are gone, my scenes are all gone.  It like its fresh from the box.  What the heck happened? Can I get my stuff back?  Why did this happen?

Journeyman

The same thing has happened to me for the third time in less then 2 weeks! If the battery goes completely dead, and after plugging it back in, the phone either "force closes" every system or resets itself. The first two times I thought it may have been from downloading an app that crashed the system, but the last time I hadn't added a single extra thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Journeyman

Due to no reason I could understand, my phone has rebooted itself once or twice before, but there never seemed to be any problem with it. Last night, however, I turned my phone off and put it in my pocket. A few minutes later, my phone powered back on in my pocket. When I took it out and it had finished booting up, it had been reset to factory settings. All of my apps, phone numbers, e-mail accounts, etc. were gone. I do, however, have my music and photos.

Anybody have any ideas? I think my phone got wiped, but my SD card kept it's info... I just wonder if there's a way to get the other stuff back without having to re-enter it all...

Journeyman

I'm becoming a bit irked myself as not only has my phone reset itself, it has now hard reset (back to original factory conditions) itseft twice! This is terrifically annoying and bothersome. The first time I thought it was potentially because the battery had completely died and was a glitch, but this second time it had 15% of the battery left and reset itself anyway. I'm awfully careful with it so the chances it was an accidental set of button pushes is exceedingly low and I'm only running a small handful of very common apps on it.

Can someone at Sprint or HTC provide an answer to this?!?

Journeyman

Is there a resolution to this issue?  I have had this phone for one month now and this phone has subsequently hard reset itself twice.  In neither case was the phone operating with a dead battery.  This is not a coincidental button push situation, not only because the chances are low this happened twice, but because my exchange provider sets system policy that the phone have a password lock.

Does the phone reset itself when the password attempt limit of 5 has been reached?

Journeyman

my hero has done the exact same thing, twice. i carry the phone in my back pocket w/ a screen lock so i know for a fact that its not coincidental button pushing. the first time the phone hard reset itself was when i had a dead battery, upon connecting the charger i learned everything was gone (apps, contacts, etc.) sd card data was still saved. the second time occurred out of nowhere. battery was at about 25%, so i connected the charger overnight and in the morning everything was gone again.

extremely disappointed with the hero and its 2.1 update.

Journeyman

i am on my 3rd hero in the past month.. i called sprint because the first one was doing as everyone on this thread has been saying it was just quite randomly resetting itself for no apparent reason.. they sent me a replacement phone and literally the same night that i go and activated it, it reset itself 10 times. and this is not an exaggeration, the phone literally reset or restarted itself 15 to 20 times a day.. i talked to sprint again, and they made me take it to store to see a tech, the tech had it for 12 hours couldnt figure out what was wrong with it, and of course he had it and it wouldnt do anything. i showed up to pick the phone back up and it restarted twice in the store, so they ordered me the third phone that i have now, and it runs like a champ nothing wrong with it all. they are blaming the update to 2.1 for this resetting thing though. but who knows for sure. But sprint seems willing to help..

oh and the GPS on the second one would not work either it was really weird, it would try to find your location show where you were and was accurate and then jump to some other random place and say you were there..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat