cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't hold charge at work, but everywhere else is ok?

Highlighted
Patron

Phone won't hold charge at work, but everywhere else is ok?

I've had my HTC Hero for several months now and ever since I've had it I have to keep it turned off at work. If I take it to work fully charged, it will be dead by late afternoon, even though I have never taken it out of my purse, let alone turned it on, took a call, etc. I won't touch the thing all day and it's dead everytime. However, on a Saturday or Sunday, it holds a charge all day and into the next day just fine, even though I am constantly checking it, using the voicemail, making calls. What is up with this?? The only thing I can think of is we have wireless at work, whereas at home I do not. That should have no affect but that's the only difference between home and work. Anyone have ideas why my phone dies within a few hours at work, not even being used, and stays all day on the weekend even though I am using apps, emails, phone calls, etc? Thanks so much!

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Phone won't hold charge at work, but everywhere else is ok?

Network coverage comes to mind first.  If you have good coverage at home, but poor coverage at work, the phone uses more power to send and recieve the background data for email, facebook, twitter, etc.

I have the opposite situation - great coverage at work, zippo at home.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Wizard

Even more of a battery drain than what Will posted, if due to the area or building where you work you do not get a usable signal, the phone will constantly search for a signal...a tremendous drain on the battery.

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  The building I work in is a bomb shelter, no windows, brick walls and steel roof so I have very bad signal and my battery drains fast.  Im usually roaming while at work also.  Yet my battery lasts all weekend at home.

What I noticed really helps is turning mobile data off.  This tremendously increased my battery life while at work.  HTC put a toggle widged for mobile data on the phone.

Go to add to home>widget>settings and you will see mobile network as one of the widgets.  Try toggling this off and let me know if this worked for you...it did for me.

Patron

Thanks so much, everybody! ny1tch1c, I will try that. Thanks for the idea.

Patron

Turning off Mobile Data worked. Thank you! It still eats up most of the battery but it will last all day at least before going into the red.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat