cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Mail

Highlighted
Journeyman

Picture Mail

I can't open picture mail.  My wife sent me a MMS from her instinct.  I got the message, and it had a little button in it that said download.  I clicked download and it said that it was "unsuccessful".  Does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?  Also, even if it does download, does it go to my albums?  I checked there and there is no picture.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Nick

46 REPLIES 46
Journeyman

Re: Picture Mail

I bought my Mother an Instinct s30 when I bought my Hero.  We've exchanged several picture mails today.

And let me tell ya, that's a testament to the Instinct s30.  My mother has never been able to do anything beyond basic phone tasks with her cell phones.  With the Instinct she's sending and reading text messages, picture MMS, and watching TV.  I know a lot of people on here are bashing their Instincts but it sure does seem to be the right phone for her.

Message was edited by: Malachi

Journeyman

I can't get picturemail either with my new Hero. I get the messages, but it has a download button. The downloads are always failing. I get the same "unsuccessful" message. I've had several people try from a couple of different carriers and Sprint. I can receive picturemails I send from this phone to myself though.

Journeyman

Also, is anyone else having problems with their clock on the phone not displaying the correct time.  I have tried to set it to Central time and also tried putting it on automatic, but it shows Pacific time on my phone in both instances.

Message was edited by: nharker

Journeyman

nharker wrote:

Also, is anyone else having problems with their clock on the phone not displaying the correct time.  I have tried to set it to Central time and also tried putting it on automatic, but it shows Pacific time on my phone in both instances.

Try using a major city close to you. For some reason, at least one other person has had this issue that I know and was able to correct it by doing this. Not perfect, but it beats being a few hours off.

Journeyman

nharker wrote:

Haven't had any problems with pic mail.  Pics downloaded into my album..For your time, have you set your home city?

Journeyman

How do I set my home city?

Journeyman

nharker wrote:

How do I set my home city?

All Programs>Clock>World Clock

Then hit Menu>Home Setting

Journeyman

my towns so small it dont even show up as a reconized city

Journeyman

I still can't open picturemails from my new Hero. After talking with Sprint tech support for quite some time last night, I was told that everything might not be completely working for these phones yet. The woman I spoke with said that it's because they weren't riginally expecting to release them until today and some were released earlier by Best Buy. When I receive a picturemail, I still have a download button inside the message. When I click it, it appears to be downloading and then the button just reappears. Eventually I get a message indicating that the download was unsuccessful. Has anyone else had this problem and then gotten it to work?

Journeyman

Did you try to download them on both Wifi and using sprint's data connection?  I was having the same problem at home, connected to Wifi, but then I left the house and they downloaded.  Not sure if the connection matters or not.

Journeyman

You're exactly correct. I had been on wi-fi and didn't even think about that. I killed my wi-fi connection and no more problems! Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat