cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Mail

Journeyman

Re: Picture Mail

I can't believe I need to do a hard reset with my HTC hero to be able to receive video and audio via texts.  I will go to a Sprint store before I try this at home.

Journeyman

A hard reset is not a big deal and I'm telling you from experience that it fixes the problem

Turn off the phone

While phone is off, hold the "home" and "back" buttons
Hit the "end call" button" while still holding the "home" and "back" buttons
Release the "home" and "back" buttons

A screen will appear prompting you how to reset the phone

You won't lose anything that saves to the SD card (ringtones, music, pictures) and you can easily back up your contacts through google and re-download apps from the market

Journeyman

How do you back up your contacts in gmail?

Journeyman

If you selected Gmail contacts when you set up your phone, the Gmail website contains your contacts.. Hero syncs with your website Gmail and you have a backup of those contacts "in the cloud."

Is this what you are asking?

Message was edited by: dbkerr

Journeyman

A hard reset just fixed this for me too.....

Journeyman

yes, thx!

Journeyman

The hard reset worked for me too! I used an app to save my contacts, applications and music, etc... it was "mybackup" fromt eh marketplace and it was FREE! YOu jsut have to reinstall it after the hard set and it takes about a minute for it to restore everything. Thanks for you advice! Yay!

Journeyman

I called costumer service they know of the problem and are fixing the problem in the second quater april-may-june

Journeyman

I was having the same problem.  I did a hard reset and my pic messages are coming through just fine.  Now I'm having a problem restoring my backup.  But at least pic messages are working again.

Journeyman

I turned off my wi-fi then plugged the phone up to my computer and was FINALLY successful in downloading the pictures.

Highlighted
Journeyman

this worked for me as well, thank you for posting this..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat