cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messaging while WiFi is on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Picture messaging while WiFi is on?

Hey all, was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem, or had tried to do so and not had the problem.

While i am on a wifi network, i cant seem to send a picture message regardless of service signal (regular service not wifi). However the second i turn wifi off the picture sends. When wifi is on it just has the "sending" icon continuously ticking endlessling.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Picture messaging while WiFi is on?

You are not crazy this is a known issue.  You cannot send or receive picture mail, or I preseume any attachments via SMS, if you are connected via Wifi.  If someone sends you a picture you can see the download attachment button, but hitting the button, results in a download error.  Sending is the same thing.  Like you, I waited and waited for my picture to send, then I left the house to go to the store, and magically, once I got out of Wifi range they were sent.  I will let others weigh in as to whether this is a bug, or SMS attachments are working as designed.  The Hero is the first phone Ihave had with the Wifi option, so I am not sure.

Journeyman

Re: Picture messaging while WiFi is on?

Alright cool, just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something =/

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat