cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly what our Heros will look like after recieving Android 2.1?

Journeyman

Re: Possibly what our Heros will look like after recieving Android 2.1?

So when is the update coming out? I heard from a Sprint Rep the update will include Live Search! Hope it's true!

Journeyman

rich1418 wrote:

So when is the update coming out? I heard from a Sprint Rep the update will include Live Search! Hope it's true!

Some time after today, but not before Android "Chocolate Fudge Cake Supreme" 2.9 comes out...  Live search?  Oh they're past that and are working on

predeictive search.  Telling you what you are searching for before you even know it.

Fubie

Wizard

ajones1989 wrote:

I believe those icons (and wallpaper) were made for HTC Sense, so basically they're HTC's icons. I loaded up 2.1 on my Hero and the icons didn't change. All you have to do is remove the HtcLockScreen.apk from system/app and you'll see the normal 2.1 lockscreen. Do the same on 1.5 and you'll see the other stock android lock screen.

How is 2.1 running compare to 1.5? I am thinking of putting it on my Hero now. I know Sprint update is coming in the first half of 2010.

Journeyman

It's cool, but not everything is working, so I'm still on 1.5. I just wanted to mess around with it for a lil bit. People have reported problems with with Market app missing apps when they go to 2.1 and back to 1.5...we think Google caches something on it's side. Other than that, everything was nice.

Wizard

ajones1989 wrote:

It's cool, but not everything is working, so I'm still on 1.5. I just wanted to mess around with it for a lil bit. People have reported problems with with Market app missing apps when they go to 2.1 and back to 1.5...we think Google caches something on it's side. Other than that, everything was nice.

Thanks I will stick with 1.5  for now and see how long before I get tired of it.

Journeyman

FIXED!!!

-Added dust to the screen for more realism.

Journeyman

So how do you install 2.1? Do you have to wait for the available update or can you do it now?

Rich

Highlighted
Journeyman

Too bad my Hero doesn't have any dust on the screen.

For 2.1 head over to xda. I must say it's not complete though.

Patron

ajones1989 wrote:

Too bad my Hero doesn't have any dust on the screen.

For 2.1 head over to xda. I must say it's not complete though.

When you say its not complete, what exactly do you mean by that? Can you expand on it a little please? Thanks

Journeyman

by not complete i think he means certain feauture dont work. last time i checked i recall that 2.1 did not have accelerommeter and camera working

Journeyman

That's exactly what I meant.

Patron

But there's something that confuses me... if you take off Sense from that 2.1 ROM, and run the regular Android 2.1 home, what does it look like?  Does it look like the Droid's current ROM? Does it look like the different Droid 2.1 ROM that has been popping up on YouTube (i think possibly Nexus One rom running on Droid)? What does it look like exactly?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat