cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with latest Facebook for Andriod App

Journeyman

Problems with latest Facebook for Andriod App

Anyone else having issues with the latest Facebook For Andriod App (1.1.2)?  I un-installed the one that was on my phone by default and upgrade to the latest.  It works great at first.  But if I turn the phone off and try to access the app again I get "The application res/raw/about.html (process com.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."  Trying again doesn't help.  If I un-install and re-install the app will work, but only until I shutdown the phone again...

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Problems with latest Facebook for Andriod App

Is your phone rooted? Might be an apps2sd problem. If so, try moving to system/apps.

Journeyman

Nope, not rooted.  Only thing I've done is download a few apps.

Journeyman

Having the same problem. Since the update to the latest version of the app, the widget on my home screen works for about a day, then becomes unavailable. The app has been replaced with "res/raw/about.html" in my All Programs list, and I get the same aforementioned error when I try to access it. The Facebook logo is also gone and instead there's just a white rectangle.

I've reinstalled the app once, and it worked for a few hours, and then went back to this status.

Any advice?

Journeyman

Just throwing my "me too" in there with everyone else.  This time when I uninstalled and reinstalled I selected that it was "malicious" so that I could send a report.  Not sure if that will help.

Journeyman

Out of curiosity, why use the app at all? I have found the website which you get to on the hero: touch.facebook.com to be more functional than the app. You can place a shortcut to the bookmark on the desktop and you are all set. And it loads faster than the app too.

Journeyman

D'oh!  You're so right!  Problem solved, at least for me!

Journeyman

I like the app for the Facebook widget. It's even faster to update your status using the widget than going thru the browser.

Journeyman

I updated to the latest firmware for the Hero and this issue has gone away.  Everyone else who is having this problem might want to give that a shot.

Settings->About Phone->System Updates

My firmware version is now 1.5 and Software version is now 1.56.651.2

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat