cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 2.1 and htc sense???? sprint admin? YOUTUBE?

Highlighted
Patron

Question about 2.1 and htc sense???? sprint admin? YOUTUBE?

can any sprint admin(will, sarah, ken?) or employee please help answer this question.....

I know that sprint has the 2.1 with htc sense ui... and has been testing it for about a month or more...

CAN YOU PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THE YOUTUBE APP IS WORKING ON THE PHONE THAT YOU ARE TESTING WITH....

There should be an answer for this and if there is not that might just mean no one has tried to test it...

we have been waiting and waiting and waiting since end of november early december for a fix for this problem!!!!!

would be nice to know!!

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THEY HAVE TESTED THIS!!!

thanks!!

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: Question about 2.1 and htc sense???? sprint admin? YOUTUBE?

I can't answer to if the app is working.  I know I've been fustrated on the Youtube issue myself.

There are some notes (including from Sprint Admins) in another thread on the forums, including the note that the Hero isn't the only device having this issue.  Other platforms (including the iPhone I believe was mentioned) are having the same problem, so it is likely a Youtube side issue.

Would recommend looking through that thread. They aren't likely to comment, confirm, or deny any part of the 2.1 upgrade until it's public.

Journeyman

What is more frustrating is they have touted features in 2.1 that most sites are saying will be disabled for the Hero (i.e. live wallpapers).

Journeyman

NotReady4PrimeTime wrote:

What is more frustrating is they have touted features in 2.1 that most sites are saying will be disabled for the Hero (i.e. live wallpapers).

"They" who? Surely not Sprint or even HTC.

Journeyman

Live wallpapers are a drag on resources anyway.  Sure they're neat, but that novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Some of the custom ROM's out for the Hero have live wallpapers working (well, some of the live wallpapers work anyway), and they're just a resource hog, and something that's only cool for a little while.  Then you go back to your regular wallpaper and realize you weren't missing anything by not having live wallpapers

Journeyman

Go to the Android App discussion section wherever it reside on here, and a Sprint admin is touting Live Wallpapers.

And whatever they do to your resources, the point is asking on this forum for what 2.1 includes may not get you anywhere.

*Edit* Link

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/151637#151637

Message was edited by: NotReady4PrimeTime

Journeyman

NotReady4PrimeTime wrote:

Go to the Android App discussion section wherever it reside on here, and a Sprint admin is touting Live Wallpapers.

And whatever they do to your resources, the point is asking on this forum for what 2.1 includes may not get you anywhere.

*Edit* Link

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/151637#151637

Message was edited by: NotReady4PrimeTime

That's an admin posting about an API he found in the general Android forum. I don't see anyone "touting" any features for the Hero or Moment.

Journeyman

Read into it what you will, I do not begrudge your opinion.

My opinion (which I like you are free to have) is that if a little research was done into the grewat new feature the admin was pointing out, they would have seen we probably won't be getting it and wouldn't have posted it.  That woould be like them announcing to hero user how great a hardware keyboard is, or to any Android users here how smoothly Moto Blur runs.

Journeyman

I hope this youtube issue is fixed...I do not think it is a problem with HTC or Sprint since I have noticed this problem on several phones that are not on the Sprint network...for example:

HTC Dream (Rogers Wireless; Canada)

Samsung Galaxy (Bell Canada)

Motorolla Milestone (UK)

HTC Eris

So I am starting to think the app itself is the problem...does not seem very compatible with Android at the moment so I am hoping that the 2.1 worldwide releases will fix this

Patron

All i want to know is if the upgrade to android 2.1 will fix the youtube issue... i know that there is a problem between youtube and htc flash player is why it is not working... i want to know if the youtube app is working properly on sprints test phone that they have been testing!!

a SPRINT ADMIN posted before that watercooler talk says testing is goin good.... now what i want to know is have they tested the youtube app yet?

is it working?

I JUST WANT AN ANSWER TO THIS BUG/ISSUE/PROBLEM THAT HAS GONE UNRESOLVED FOR 3 PLUS MONTHS!!!!!!!!

ps... i keep calling in and asking for a partial credit each month that youtube hasnt been working and have been getting 10 bucks a month since the issue started!

Please will sarah ken DAN....

Journeyman

Nikolas wrote:

can any sprint admin(will, sarah, ken?) or employee please help answer this question.....

I know that sprint has the 2.1 with htc sense ui... and has been testing it for about a month or more...

CAN YOU PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THE YOUTUBE APP IS WORKING ON THE PHONE THAT YOU ARE TESTING WITH....

There should be an answer for this and if there is not that might just mean no one has tried to test it...

we have been waiting and waiting and waiting since end of november early december for a fix for this problem!!!!!

would be nice to know!!

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THEY HAVE TESTED THIS!!!

thanks!!

Nikolas, I've requested an update on this specifically from the device manager. Will post again when I have more to share with you.

- izzyks

Journeyman

Ohhh ok, I have no idea if the issue will be resolved but I think you should know that Adobe is releasing Flash 10 for Android devices (And many more mobile devices), so we will  be able to watch Youtube videos (And any other flash based video) right from the browser!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat