cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 2.1 and htc sense???? sprint admin? YOUTUBE?

Highlighted
Patron

Question about 2.1 and htc sense???? sprint admin? YOUTUBE?

can any sprint admin(will, sarah, ken?) or employee please help answer this question.....

I know that sprint has the 2.1 with htc sense ui... and has been testing it for about a month or more...

CAN YOU PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THE YOUTUBE APP IS WORKING ON THE PHONE THAT YOU ARE TESTING WITH....

There should be an answer for this and if there is not that might just mean no one has tried to test it...

we have been waiting and waiting and waiting since end of november early december for a fix for this problem!!!!!

would be nice to know!!

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THEY HAVE TESTED THIS!!!

thanks!!

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly who cares about live wallpapers, yeah it would be cool for the first 5 mins but thats it. Also with the new 2.1 coming to the phone and probably around the same time the new htc sense will be coming out for the heros. now ask yourself this will the Heros processors handle the new software and sense...it just might make it but they probably will throw away unnesassary things.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Chiccora wrote:

I hope this youtube issue is fixed...I do not think it is a problem with HTC or Sprint since I have noticed this problem on several phones that are not on the Sprint network...for example:

HTC Dream (Rogers Wireless; Canada)

Samsung Galaxy (Bell Canada)

Motorolla Milestone (UK)

HTC Eris

So I am starting to think the app itself is the problem...does not seem very compatible with Android at the moment so I am hoping that the 2.1 worldwide releases will fix this

The phones mentioned with the exception of the Eris do not have the Youtube problem. It is only the Euro Hero, Sprint Hero, and Verizon Eris......all running the 1.5 HTC Hero rom. This is an HTCSence problem, not an Android problem, and not a Youtube problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually the Dream and Galaxy have this problem....I am Canadian so I have tested those models and they have the problem. The Dream is not a Sense phone and runs on 1.5 and the Galaxy under Bell runs 1.6 (I think) and I heard several reports of the issues happening. When I was still in Canada I had the Dream and my fiancee had a Galaxy and we both had the issue constantly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to this http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/27411?tstart=0 the Hero will NOT be getting Flash 10

Highlighted
Patron

izzyks......

any word on the status of this??

thanks for asking and trying to find out for me!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing new since Feb. 16th which is still targeting/expecting 2.1 early 2Q10.

Highlighted
Journeyman

New news, admins?  Maybe telling us that the calendars we look at are 16 months ahead of The Official Sprint Date™?  Or that we're deluding ourselves into thinking that Sprint Cares about anything other than our cash?  It's time to tell us what's going on,  not that you can't tell us.

We're not asking for minutae,  just broad strokes - 'we're in the primary/secondary/final testing phase' or 'we're trying to shoehorn another useless bit of bloat into it' would be enough info.  Just saying "Wow! Gollygee, but this is terriffic!  Fopping wait forever to get it, 'tho," never would cut it.

And you guys know that.  If your cars, or your automatic entry doors, or office lights, or heaven forbid - your servers themselves - go down,  would you accept a "We'll get it done when-the-f***-ever we decide to and you just shut up about it" response?  Thought not.

So spill.  How far along is the update?  What are the major fixes?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think the Sprint people that frequent here either don't have a clue as to when a release is up coming out (if ever) and have probably never seen the update in Sprints test labs.  The people who are responsible for putting their stamp of approval are probably forbidden to post publicly on these forums.

When I asked for some sort of proof from the Sprint people that they even know what's going on regarding an update, there were no more posts from Sprint employees and the amount of participation from Sprint on this forum dried up to almost zero.  This is why I don't think the Sprint people on this forum have a clue as to what is or is not happening behind the closed doors.

-TL

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm just going to pop in here and say that Youtube is working fine 100% of the time for me under Android 2.1 (with the actual .29 kernel snagged from the leaked Eris update).

Granted it's not the official Sprint update, so you can take from that what you will.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat