Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for previously unavailable apps?

Journeyman

Recommendations for previously unavailable apps?

Any suggestions for good and/or cool Market apps previously unusable on the 1.5 Hero? I know I've seen links for several interesting "requires Android 1.6 / 2.0 / 2.1" apps over the last few months but I didn't think to note them. So far the only one I've grabbed is Google's Animal Translate (of April Fools fame).

Thanks in advance.

(Also, sorry if this has been asked, I wasn't sure how to search for something this vague.)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Recommendations for previously unavailable apps?

Great question! Unfortunately, I've been running 2.1 for a while now, so I don't exactly remember many apps that weren't available. Google Goggles of course is a great one. Unfortunately, the Hero can't run Google Earth, otherwise I would recommend it. Google buzz is good if you use it, and I really can't think of that many more. Of course, the new browser has a lot of HTML5 standards built in now, so a lot of web apps work a lot better.

Here is a link to a list of most of the apps that I've ever used. Most of them are either useful or entertaining. I recommend the site, and the app AppBrain as you can create lists of applications to install on your phone from your computer, then use the appbrain app to install them. It all runs through the official market and appbrain gets rid of a lot of junk apps in its filters.

http://www.appbrain.com/user/superlinkx/backup

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Recommendations for previously unavailable apps?

That does help, thanks. And the AppBrain site looks pretty cool, I could get some use from that.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat