cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Battery Cover

Highlighted
Journeyman

Replacement Battery Cover

I just upgraded to the HTC Hero about 2 weeks ago and the Volume Up button has broke already. Looking close at it, all it is is a cheap plastic and i can see why this happend. Sprint will do nothing for me because its "physical damage" and won't send me a replacement phone, which i think is outrageous seeing as i just spent over $300 on a phone and signed a 2-year agreement with them, and they want me to have a broken phone for the rest of the 2 years?! I DONT THINK SO!! anywho, does anyone have any ideas where i can find a replacement back cover for the phone so i dont have to have a busted phone any longer?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Replacement Battery Cover

jcontois426 wrote:

I just upgraded to the HTC Hero about 2 weeks ago and the Volume Up button has broke already. Looking close at it, all it is is a cheap plastic and i can see why this happend. Sprint will do nothing for me because its "physical damage" and won't send me a replacement phone, which i think is outrageous seeing as i just spent over $300 on a phone and signed a 2-year agreement with them, and they want me to have a broken phone for the rest of the 2 years?! I DONT THINK SO!! anywho, does anyone have any ideas where i can find a replacement back cover for the phone so i dont have to have a busted phone any longer?

Well if you are within 30 days, and you sound like you are, just take it back and tell them you want a refund. And then sign up again.

Journeyman

I am under the 30 days! i had to order it over the phone because i have a 3rd Party Sprint Employee plan because i work at RadioShack..I went to 3 stores yesterday and they all told me they cant exchange it because its damaged and Customer Service over the phone doesnt want to offer much help either..i work with phones for a living and this is far from physical damage..physical damage is when i throw the phone at Sprint, cancel my service and go with AT&T and the iPhone! im so sick of this i dont understand why i cant get a new phone!!

Journeyman

How noticeable is it? Have you tried to return it without pointing out that the volume rocker is broken?

Journeyman

Sorry buddy, I looked everywere and i cant find it, you might want to try contacted HTC and see if you can buy one from them. Its worth a shot.

Journeyman

its noticable, it completely fell off and fell through into the back of the phone! i still have the piece too but im gonna call Sprint one last time and hope for the best or im gonna cancel my service because as an employee at a Sprint retailer, they should AT LEAST throw me a bone! T-Mobile never had any issues sending me replacement phones when something happened..and that was well after my 30 days!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat