cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review before the Moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Review before the Moment

Well as it is getting closer to the time the Samsung Moment is due out I want to as a question and I am sure it has been posted but like me some folks dont have a lot of time to look thought pages of posts. So here is my questions

What are the Major differances between the Hero and the Moment as far as features and performance?

Do you think it would be worth trading the Hero for the Moment since fixes/updates are comming I hope. (which could be dependent on the first question)

Do you think the Same problems will happen with the Moment as with the Hero?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Review before the Moment

One feature the Moment does not have (which the Hero does) is a digital compass which is instrumental in using augmentad reality apps such as Layer and all compass apps. If this is an important feature for you, then the Hero is the way to go. Also.....the obvious.....sence UI, Hero has it, Moment don't. Other specs of the Moment are actually much better than that of the Hero, including processor ay 800mhz compared to Heros 528mhz and the Moment uses an AMOLED screen which reduces battery power and is more vibrant with more color (however they do wash out conciderably more in direct sunlight). These are the main differences to speak of. Moment will be a nice choice but I'm sticking with the Hero personally........the sence UI makes the choice a "no contest" for me.

Journeyman

I'm considering replacing my Hero for the Moment, but thought I would add a couple of other tidbits (which is making my decision difficult).

• Hero has multi-touch; Moment does not. 
  • Since Moment doesn't have Sense UI there is no integrated messaging, etc.  Basic Android functionality.

Having said that I'm considering the Moment.  I'm also considering going back to my old phone and investigating the HTC Desire implementation on Verizon.

Journeyman

I did find one more link with basic specs for the moment.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Samsung-Moment-phone-p_4005.html

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat