cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous power drain. Where's the fix?

Journeyman

Now that I'm no longer able to use the car charger to charge my HTC Hero, I'm struggling and really pissed off with its absolutely *ridiculous* power drain. I can't even leave the phone unplugged for a couple of hours without it sucking up a huge chunk of battery power. Does Sprint have a solution? If not, why the hell not?

This issue has been going on apparently since Sprint sold me this POS 2 years ago. Does any company have any ethics any more or is it always screw the customer, let's make a quick buck? Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

KANDABREWER1,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your device. I would love to help you out with this issue but have a couple of questions. Why are you no longer able to use your car charger? Have you taken your device into a Sprint Repair location yet to have the battery tested to verify it's not defective?

Journeyman

Go to the app store and get Advanced Task Killer. You are most likely having apps running even after you think you have shut them down.Your can tune the settings on ATK to automatically kill all or just certain apps or to just bring up the list of running apps so that you can kill them yourself. Some apps open up multiple other apps and they will suck your battery dry. Also make sure you are not leaving your blue tooth and mobile network on constantly. Those two in particular are huge drains on the battery.

Journeyman

I too have an early android device named the HTC Hero and used to experience power drains. The apps are the problem. Figure out which ones you can do without and delete. The less apps on this phone running the better. No, I do not have a task killer because that seemed to make it worse. Also, let the device completely die and don't over charge. Always carry an extra battery or two and if you have TEP, call and have the phone replaced. I have had seven replacements. Not sure if I would like to pay the extra $10, so I am stuck with replacing this awful phone as long as sprint is willing to send me one when I have a problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat