cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT Give us HERO OWNERS A UPGRADE FOR THE EVO!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

SPRINT Give us HERO OWNERS A UPGRADE FOR THE EVO!!!!!!!

I purchased a hero in Oct. when it first came out, waited for the 2.1 upgrade for months on end. I would like to get an EVO but not qualified for an upgrade until Oct. and I feel like you owe me an upgrade. I have been a loyal Sprint customer for 9 years and I feel that I have been shafted by this 2.1 update process.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wait until you do get the 2.1 upgrade. They should change it to 2.1/2 since it will not have speech to text and other features. Good luck in convincing Sprint that we deserve an EVO!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just purchased an HTC Hero outright because Sprint never updated the HTC Snap to WM6.5 Standard and my upgrade is not until Dec 12. You think wasting 179 is an attention grabber try 399. I suffered through seeing the Ozone and Dash 3G get updated around and without me now here's a repeat with this dang Hero. Sprint how about sending me a HTC EVO, zero dollars, prelaunch and put a 16GB microSD in the box. I will switch sides and join those who defend the company blindly if you can do that, I'll even make the worst mistakes sound reasonable and take on the valid upset customers (like me) proudly.

There I said it, now throw me that bone and I will carry it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i kinda like this idea. give everyone the ability to upgrade to the newer phone without paying anything extra.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok Sprint you want to keep me as a customer? Yes or no? If you say yes you have until June 3rd to give me two EVO for FREE. I will give you back the two Hero that are on my account. If not I will give my money to another provider. Simple as that.

Highlighted
Wizard

yeah, I have taken up this battle cry with dan@sprint.com, on twitter and facbook as well.  I will pay for the Evo4G at the $200 price if they give me an early upgrade!  I highly doubt this will happen, but we can keep asking.......I am still miffed about this $10 fee to use the Evo4G though.  It remains total BS since a LOT of customers aren't in 4G cities and won't be until next year.  Its price gouging and I can't believe the number of people that are okay with this idea, that you can advertise an "everything" premium plan and then add something on top of "everything".  Consumers have power, express yourself to the FCC and Sprint channels.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mmark27 wrote:

yeah, I have taken up this battle cry with dan@sprint.com, on twitter and facbook as well.  I will pay for the Evo4G at the $200 price if they give me an early upgrade!  I highly doubt this will happen, but we can keep asking.......I am still miffed about this $10 fee to use the Evo4G though.  It remains total BS since a LOT of customers aren't in 4G cities and won't be until next year.  Its price gouging and I can't believe the number of people that are okay with this idea, that you can advertise an "everything" premium plan and then add something on top of "everything".  Consumers have power, express yourself to the FCC and Sprint channels.

At this point if I have to pay for a phone it will NOT be one from Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What a shame sprint has blew an opportunity like they did with so many customers. I will give them credit for going after a beast of a phone with the evo. In fact i was so excited about this phone for a long time. Unfortunately the update fiasco with the Hero was ruined that excitement for me.

I just dont want to buy a phone that doesnt work right and wait a year for updates.

Shouldnt the customer me compensated when their phone is having major problems functioning?

With AT&T i reveived so many bill credits when the iPhone would drop calls. In fact i didnt even have to ask for them. I would simply call in with a dropped call request and a rep would call me back and offer me a $100 credit. It happened all the time.

Try calling sprint with an issue on your phone. I have. They try to send you to a repair center a hundred miles away that will delete all the data and pics ect from your phone. They will say the phone is fine. Then you get home and you have the same problems as before. Or they will laugh and make negative comments about their own company. This problem will be repeated over and over again. But a bill credit for putting you through this will never happen. Never. Its sad really. When you have a contract with a cell company isnt the contract supposed to go both ways? Why do they not have to keep up their end of the deal? They can charge you an ETF if you leave but you cant demand anything from them if they cant provide you with a functioning phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tmaxey1 wrote:

What a shame sprint has blew an opportunity like they did with so many customers. I will give them credit for going after a beast of a phone with the evo. In fact i was so excited about this phone for a long time. Unfortunately the update fiasco with the Hero was ruined that excitement for me.

I just dont want to buy a phone that doesnt work right and wait a year for updates.

Shouldnt the customer me compensated when their phone is having major problems functioning?

With AT&T i reveived so many bill credits when the iPhone would drop calls. In fact i didnt even have to ask for them. I would simply call in with a dropped call request and a rep would call me back and offer me a $100 credit. It happened all the time.

Try calling sprint with an issue on your phone. I have. They try to send you to a repair center a hundred miles away that will delete all the data and pics ect from your phone. They will say the phone is fine. Then you get home and you have the same problems as before. Or they will laugh and make negative comments about their own company. This problem will be repeated over and over again. But a bill credit for putting you through this will never happen. Never. Its sad really. When you have a contract with a cell company isnt the contract supposed to go both ways? Why do they not have to keep up their end of the deal? They can charge you an ETF if you leave but you cant demand anything from them if they cant provide you with a functioning phone.

I just found out that I get a 19% discount from another company (starts with a V) because of my employer. This makes things a little easier.  I don't want a billing credit, I just want these two Hero removed from my sight. I would have been happier with two Nexus One replacements but the only other option is a EVO.  I feel sorry for the folks that have just started their contracts recently and can not afford to break them. Luckily for me my contract is up in 18 days. But who is counting?

Highlighted
Patron

if im not mistaken, according to the class actin lawsuits if something is promised and is not given well in this case it would be the promise of 2.1. that another phone will be given that is similar to the old device free of charge. so if 2.1 is not out to the hero by 6/4 would people who have the hero be entitled to the evo free of charge if im not mistaken? but as far as the extra $10 go, that should be a choice because everyone dont have 4g coverage in their area and the phone has the option to switch on the 4g or 3g. even if you do have 4g in your area, it still should be a choice if you want that service or not. for me, i could care less about 4g, 3g works just fine for me. because when you think about it having that phone jump between 4g and 3g will kill that battery in no time. but if sprint does offer to give the evo to hero owners free of charge. i know they would want our hero back but i will tell them that they will not be getting mines back because 1. i bought it from amazon.com, 2. i payed full price for it and 3. since i payed full price for it i own it and therefore sprint has no chum or whatever you call it to pay for a phone that was not used for the entire two years.

Message was edited by: Mr.CSU2011

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat