cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So LAGGY while listenig to MUSIC!

Journeyman

Re: So LAGGY while listenig to MUSIC!

My card, so far, seems to be really fast.  I have a Class 6 and its 16GB in size.  I got it for about $55 from a great company to deal with (been buying my memory cards for years--fast, free shipping and prices are hard to beat).

http://www.supermediastore.com/adata-turbo-series-16gb-class-6-micro-sdhc-with-adapter.html

What I'm wondering is if there is anyway to add album artwork from iTunes?  I had some transfer but they were only the thumbnails I had to manually place into iTunes because it didn't have album artwork available.

Message was edited by: mlblack16

Patron

But in theory, is using a class 6 instead of a class 2 supposed to make the music function faster? Like the music app? Because I'm sure we can all agree that the music app is pretty slow and sluggish with the stock 2.0 SD card.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As I was listening to music yesterday, I noticed that the music made the phone get pretty laggy. Today (after shutting the phone down for the night and turning it back on) the phone seems almost as silky smooth with music playing than it is without. I don't know what the difference is between yesterday and today. Maybe it's because I haven't killed any tasks yet today? I'm using the stock SD card.

Patron

AlPal wrote:

As I was listening to music yesterday, I noticed that the music made the phone get pretty laggy. Today (after shutting the phone down for the night and turning it back on) the phone seems almost as silky smooth with music playing than it is without. I don't know what the difference is between yesterday and today. Maybe it's because I haven't killed any tasks yet today? I'm using the stock SD card.

Well the observations I made of the lagginess was after I made sure all unneccessary apps were killed to ensure that it wasnt background apps that were causing the problem.

Journeyman

i just got a transcend 16g class 6 card yesterday and after dumping 5gigs of music into the card i did notice a lot of lag in the music player.

but once i went to the songs view in the music player and scrolled through the whole list, my music player works fine now. i think the phone needed to learn where the songs are located on the card since i just copied and pasted all my songs onto the card.

I also did a battery pull as well afterwards.

also, my good performance may be due to the fact that album art isn't working since i didn't copy it into the right directory.

as for differences in performance in class speed, i can't really feel any difference. the only reason i got a class 6 card is so i can use apps2sd once the phone is rooted.

in general, maybe i just got lucky but i haven't experienced any of the problems people are complaining about, except that bat life isn't too hot, extended life bats are coming out http://www.seidioonline.com/, and pandora is really buggy which is more of an issue with pandora rather than the hero.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat