cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved - How can I backup/restore HTC Sense "Scenes"

Highlighted
Patron

Solved - How can I backup/restore HTC Sense "Scenes"

So I've spent some time customizing the scenes on my Hero -- how do I back them up and later restore them?

Message was edited by: jerry85032

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: How can I backup/restore HTC Sense "Scenes"

The default HTC scenes cannot be overwritten. To save your own scene, just press Menu > Scenes from the home screen. From there you can choose others, or pick "Save" to save your current one. You can also go to Settings > Personalize > Scenes, where you can save, or long-press to rename and delete.

Journeyman

As it stands, other than the copy you save on the phone, there is no official backup software to save your scenes off of your phone. If you have to do a hard reset or you loose your device you will have to rebuild your scenes.

In the meantime (because I am a data nazi) I am keeping an Excel Spreadsheet with my Scene layouts on them as well as a list of application names I have downloaded so that when I reset I can get my phone back to the way it was with less fuss. If anyone knows of a non-official backup process or anything of that nature I would very much appreciate that information myself.

Journeyman

I would use screen shots for the scenes (the SDK has a utility called ddms for this) and use a backup program like Astro to copy apps to the SD card.

But yes, it would be nice if there was some way to save these.

Journeyman

Patron

Solved Re: How can I backup/restore HTC Sense "Scenes"

That's terrific information -- I have that program, just tried to use it, it died, but the newest version seems to work.

(However, I am not so insane as to test it by resetting my device at the moment.)

Journeyman

Re: Solved Re: How can I backup/restore HTC Sense "Scenes"

I'll give it a shot. I have to hard reset anyway.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat