cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somehow I deleted weather grapic from HTC clock widget on Hero. How do I restore?

Journeyman

Somehow I deleted weather grapic from HTC clock widget on Hero. How do I restore?

I realize I'm probably the only person that would ask this question.  Recently, I noticed my the weather graphic attached to (beneath) the HTC clock widget was showing the wrong city.  There were two cities showing up on the weather widget, only one of which I wanted to keep.  In trying to remove the other (not desired) city, I somehow managed to remove the weather graphic from the clock widget entirely.  Although people might find me crazy, I actually liked the aesthetics of the weather information right below the clock.

I called Sprint.  They thought it would be as simple as dragging the current clock widget to "delete" and then installing another shortcut to the clock widget on my home page.  I tried to select the third clock widget option (the one that shows the weather data).  When I did this, the clock showed up but the weather graphic did not.

I realize this is something pretty minor, but I wanted to try to restore the original widget before downloading any 3-rd party apps.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

10 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Somehow I deleted weather grapic from HTC clock widget on Hero. How do I restore?

This can happen when the selected location or city is not part of the list or if the gps cannot get a lock on your location.

Here is what you need to do.

1. On the Home screen, click on the area where the weather should be.

2. This will bring you to the weather screen

3. Add your location by clicking on the + sign (bottom right)

4. Search and add your city.

5. Go back to the Home screen

6. Remove the clock

7. Add the clock back (don't pick 'My Location' but your city)

8. Voila

Journeyman

Re: Somehow I deleted weather grapic from HTC clock widget on Hero. How do I restore?

When I had this problem tapping the weather area to reset the weather did not work. It would only take me to the clock settings. If that happens to you the other solution is to go to settings,applications, manage applications. Then scroll down and find HTC Sense. Tap HTC Sense then tap clear data. This will change all of the icons and widgets back to the way they were when you first got the phone so you will have to add every thing back to the screens the way you want them but it will restore the clock and weather widgets as they should be. Hope the other way works for you as it is easier. If not this way will work. Good luck.

Journeyman

I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, when I click on that space below the clock, it only gives me clock options.  The weather page does not come up for me.

Wizard

Sorry it did not work

You can also get the the weather screen by using 'All programs'

Journeyman

Progress has been made.  Thanks to those who have replied!  New problem: the weather graphic that showed up was for New York City.  I added Portland, Oregon but this city won't show up in the clock widget.  What am I doing wrong here?

Wizard

In step 7above when you add the clock back you must select Portland OR not 'My Location' (My Location is the default)

Journeyman

Got it to work by removing all cities from clock and weather besides the one I wanted.  Took a little while.  Thanks to all that gave help!

Journeyman

M.Marcus - that's the last step that ultimately made it all come together, thank you.  In the end I had to clear settings on HTC Sense through Manage Applications.  This pretty much restored the home page view as it was when the phone was new.  Then, I discarded the clock widget and added it again, making sure to select the appropriate city as you suggested and not select current location.  I had to clear all extraneous cities from the clock and weather widgets, add my desired city and it worked!  Thanks again.

Highlighted
Wizard

Glad to hear that it worked out for you

Remember you have to do the same thing after updating to 2.1

Have a nice day

Journeyman

I did the same thing on my Evo, I got it back, the steps should be the same for your Hero.

1) At the bottom of the home screen, tap the (+) plus button.

2) On the next screen "Add to Home", tap Widget.

3) On the next screen "Add Widget", tap Clock (HTC under the word clock.)

4) A big circular clock will appear, it may have "London" written under it.

5) At the bottom of the screen you will see the word "Select", with a right pointing arrow, to the right of the word. Keep tapping the arrow until you see the default clock appear, next hit select, then current location, make sure "Show full animation is checked on the next screen that appears, place a checkmark if the block is empty, hit done, your clock is back, if the weather info doesnt show up, tap the space below the numbers where it should be and it will show up. Done!

Hope this helps!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.