cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Battery Packs and Charger

Patron

Sprint Battery Packs and Charger

Here is quick review of the batteries and charger that I got from ebay. In the video I thought the HTC battery was running hotter I was wrong the aftermarket battery was running hotter by I think .7 degrees somewhere in there.

Here is the link for who I bought it off of http://cgi.ebay.com/for-Sprint-HTC-Hero-2-1500mah-Battery-Desktop-Charger_W0QQitemZ250514383410QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item3a53d22232

also it took 9 days to get here.

Here you go:

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Battery Packs and Charger

Hey, thanks for the heads up on this! It looks like a pretty good deal. Even if the battery doesn't last for more than 6 months, it would be a better deal than buying the original battery.

Journeyman

I actually ordered the same thing last week. I'm glad to see that yours arrived and everything works. I was a little skeptical at first since it was only $16.99 with 2 batteries AND a charger (not to mention it was coming from Hong Kong). Hopefully mine will be there when I get home from work. What shipping method did they use?

Journeyman

Great info, i saw that on ebay about 2 weeks ago and was just too skeptical.  Now the batteries I don't need, the rep i usually deal with at sprint just had one sent to me at no charge so I now have 2 but 2 more couldn't hurt.  The charger is what i've been wanting and so far sounds like that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Patron

Hong Kong post is how it was sent.

I have been using the battery for a bit now however I am skeptical to say wether it is as good as the stock battery. I have been downloading a lot of stuff, surfing the web alot, and have GPS Wifi and BT turned on. It was 98 percent charged when I put it in my phone at about 6 it is now 9 and I have used 40% of the phone. Like I said though I am using the he!! out of the phone. I will have a better comparision when I use my phone at work tomorrow as I already know what to expect with performace and will report back. Also it seems to take about 3 to 4 hours to fully charge a battery. I started charging my stck battery at about 630 7 and it is still charging.

Journeyman

i just ordered it.... its a must have item for every owner.

btw i hated it that i had to click on 124 buttons ( checkout, complete checkout finish checkout whatever checkout........ what the hell?)

Journeyman

Thanks for being the guinea pig! I ordered it too. These could be resold in the US at a mall or store for 2-3X what ebay has em for!

I dont care if they only have half of the life of the stock battery, theres 2 of em and a charge case for $17!

The MV and temp differences are minor, i think it will be fine. My battery ran super hot the first day i got my phone and i dont know why but its still fine.        

Journeyman

I've used some super-duper cheap-o batteries many years ago in a motorola and a nokia phone, advertised as "made in China with Japanese cells"  I foud the batteries to have better life than the original Moto cells.

Two things concern me, though, if you don't know where the cells in the batteries are coming from.

1.  Remermber the "burning notebooks" not all that long ago?  And these were name-brand cells.  If your house burns down while charging a name-brand phone with batteries made by the manufacturer, you have someone to sue...  If something similar happens with these, "Who ya gonna call"?

2.  Battery life is heavily dependant on how they are charged.  Rate, to what level? (Is the charge tapered at the end of the charge cycle as the battery temp increases, etc.)  I know for your $3 battery it really isn't an issue, but if you go putting your good battery into a charger that doesn't monitor battery temp, charges too fast, or slightly over-charges each time, the life of that "good" battery could be shortened also.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy an after-market battery myself at some point...   But I would also be careful about charging near curtains etc.

Message was edited by: bkfist

Journeyman

Just recieved my package today. One of the batteries doesn't work. It's not that big a deal for me though. I still have 2 that I can use and I was really buying it for the stand alone charger. I'm only out of $17 so its not the end of the world. lol

Journeyman

Nice! Thanks for this. Never mind the batteries, your case is the shizzle! Where did you find such a thing? I like the little android character and the Google logo on the back. Can you find this online?

Journeyman

I agree, I like that case. Where did you get it?

Patron

This skin was designed at skinit.com. You can design anything you want and have it put on the phone. I will say they do a good job with the printing on the covers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat