cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Dropped the Ball on the HTC Hero

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Dropped the Ball on the HTC Hero

Why has Sprint failed to market the best phone it has ever had in it's lineup? I have been through several handsets over the last few years and am a self proclaimed phone guru. The list of phones are as follows. The Instinct, Blackberry Curve, LG Lotus, Palm Pre, Apple's iPhone, and now the Hero. I say with 100% confidence that the Hero is the best phone ever on the Sprint Network. Yet Sprint has failed to announce to the world just how great this phone is.

I continually see the Palm Pre on the Now Network commercials. The Palm Pre is not close to being what the Hero is or what the Hero can be. The only phone out close to the Hero is Apple's iPhone. Which we all know runs on an inferior network at outrageous prices. I can tell you now, I gladley sold my iPhone to join the Hero party.

Sprint, you have a winner with android and with the Hero. I hope that you will realize this and continue to support your best phone and android which is the future of cell phones. Android is the only thing out that can compete with the iPhone's software. Tmobile has obviously realized this. I can not even go one day without seeing the my touch commercials and guess what the my touch is less than the Hero.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Dropped the Ball on the HTC Hero

I agree completely and have been discussing this under the 'Suggestions for Sprint' forum here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/23334?tstart=0

Watch how vz markets the hell out of the Moto Droid (which really is ugly...I wish the HTC HD2 was an android phone...).

Talk about a missed opportunity with the Hero.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

maybe because they didn't have that many heroes (?) to start out with.  both best buy and sprint telesales have the hero on backorder.  no use starting a huge campaign if you don't have enough devices to sell to people.  i assume once they have a good amount of devices in stock, they'll start marketing it much more

Highlighted
Journeyman

Except the timeline from announcement to launch is even tighter for vz and their upcoming launch...and they probably will fail to meet the demand.

BTW, I'm not convinced the whole 'unable to meet demand' thing is really an issue - for god sake, people are still talking about supply and demand issues with the **** iPhone - http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2009/10/20/iphone-shortages-nice-problem-to-have/.

I see what you are saying, but would still have to mark this down as a missed opportunity...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any idea of when they will be back in stock??... I ordered one Monday 10/19... and I have yet to get a conformation email saying it has been shipped. I was told it was on back order...

You would think with an awsome phone like this... they would have ordered a whole lot of them... knowing it is such a great phone...

I want it NOW!!!

-Nikki

Message was edited by: Jmonkeygirl

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

i also ordered mine on the 19th, and checking my status on the order page says that the phone is backordered.  but best buy just took down their notice that the phone is on backorder (it was up yesterday), and the 'estimated arrival date' for expedited shipping is 2 days out (10/23).  surely sprint would take care of their own orders before shipping phones to best buy (crossing fingers).

update: just chatted with a sprint person (on their website) and his 'up to date information' said they were receiving inventory at the end of this week, and they'd be shipped out after that. 

Message was edited by: odc (update)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wonder if they're waiting on HTC Hero (SP1) to be released? The Hero is GREAT and I love it! However,  if your not a guru and don't know how to work around some of the issues it has right now, alot of customers might return it as junk and not give it a chance.

Once HTC releases its firmware patch, I would think Sprint would then be better shaped to advertise it more....?

Highlighted
Journeyman

They could be waiting to do marketing especially not to confuse the device with the MyTouch by marketing at the same time... My coworkers thought I had the MyTouch. The other side of that is that is the perfect reason to market.. but oh well. Also, I personally wouldn't market a phone that had problems until they're resolved. Assuming they knew of the issues as some speculate.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think they may be wating for VZW to release it then maybe a price war?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No.. I don't think its Price Wars... I think its the Glitch...

I really don't care what it is.. I just want my Phone. I can deal with the glitches... I just want to play with the phone..

I wish a sprint rep would get on this blog and tell us a roundabout date for the backorders to be replenished.

-Nikki

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

yeah, i want my phone too, but if they are holding it a couple days for a software update, that would make me happy too.  but i would gladly have the phone yesterday (like they promised me when i ordered it) and do the software update myself later. 

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

maybe they're waiting for the holiday season to do a big marketing push.  after the 'beta testers' have found all the problems.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat