cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint HTC Hero Android 2.1 software leaked (signed with release keys)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint HTC Hero Android 2.1 software leaked (signed with release keys)

rlkelley192 wrote:

If the phone gets bricked while updateing, you can simply "drop" it in a puddle.  If it won't turn on, they won't know the version of the firmware.  That prevents them from cancelling your insurance or blaming you for anything other than being careless and dropping it in water.

But I am also waiting for the exact same reason.

Except for the part where dropping it in water is, at least according to the dude who wanted me to buy the plan, pretty much the only thing not covered by insurance.

Highlighted
Wizard

vita10gy wrote:

Except for the part where dropping it in water is, at least according to the dude who wanted me to buy the plan, pretty much the only thing not covered by insurance.

Water or physical damage is covered by insurance.

The cost to you will be $100.

http://phoneclaim.com/sprint

They are very good about it and you get a new phone in 2 days!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think that depends on which of the two $4 insurance plans you have or if you have the $8 all encompassing.  I only have the one that covers damage due to water, loss, etc. for $4.  I have had to replace a couple of phones in the past (not my Hero yet, knock on wood) due to being caught in a deluge while on the bike, and essentially drowning my phone.

Wow when did it go up from $50?

Message was edited by: rlkelley192

Highlighted
Journeyman

see thats the problem to them you're only one person and obviously they could care less, but so far of the companys i have had sprint has given me the least issues. i do have to say i have been as fed up as any1 else about how long the update is taking them i went upon myself to download the leaked software and so far no complaints. i also still feel there should be more changed with the update for going from 1.5 to 2.1.    

Highlighted
Wizard

rlkelley192 wrote:

I think that depends on which of the two $4 insurance plans you have or if you have the $8 all encompassing.  I only have the one that covers damage due to water, loss, etc. for $4.  I have had to replace a couple of phones in the past (not my Hero yet, knock on wood) due to being caught in a deluge while on the bike, and essentially drowning my phone.

Wow when did it go up from $50?

It also depends on the type of phone you have: Tier 1 is $50 and Tier 2 $100

http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en/services/service_repair/AP9303-2024_TEP.pdf

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was one of the "fanboys" and wanted to wait for Sprint to officially bring out the update.  After the way they botched the website update I gave up and lost alot of faith in Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

M.Marcus wrote:

vita10gy wrote:

Water or physical damage is covered by insurance.

The cost to you will be $100.

http://phoneclaim.com/sprint

They are very good about it and you get a new phone in 2 days!

Huh. I told the guy I'd only be interested if it covered it falling in the water, or me losing it altogether (possbily in said water) because the only thing I could see as a more than remote, that I would care*, phone only catastrophe would be losing it in the water while fishing.

He said that's pretty much the only thing not covered. I guess the guy at the sprint store didn't know what the he|| he was talking about, even on something he's told to try to sell to almost every person that enters the store. Shocking.

* If I got in a horrible car accident, and my phone was damaged, that would probably be the least of my concerns for the near future.

Highlighted
Journeyman

where and how do you download the sprite back up?

Highlighted
Wizard

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THIS ROM or upgrading this way.  This isn't a custom rooted ROM.  This will be the EXACT way you install the "official ROM" from Sprint.  I would hedge a whole lot of bets that this is the final ROM too.  I haven't found a single bug in the software.  Everytime I think I do, there is an explanation as to why it is the way that it is. I have had no data connection issues and if you are, update your PRL and profile or reboot the phone.

I wouldn't worry about bricking your phone using this ROM anymore so than bricking your phone when the official upgrade comes out.  It will be the exact same process, exact.

DO IT!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Download hangs every time.  Too much traffic for this silly hosting site to handle or just a bogus file?  Either way the juice just isn't worth the squeeze, will wait the three days for the official, supported release to be distributed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was afraid at first and decided to go ahead and do it very simple and easy.  It seems the internet downloads are alot faster. so much more smooth than before.  I have to agree do it and have you noticed that none of the Sprint admins have piped in and gave their warnings.

Highlighted
Wizard

vita10gy wrote:

Huh. I told the guy I'd only be interested if it covered it falling in the water, or me losing it altogether (possbily in said water) because the only thing I could see as a more than remote, that I would care*, phone only catastrophe would be losing it in the water while fishing.

He said that's pretty much the only thing not covered. I guess the guy at the sprint store didn't know what the he|| he was talking about, even on something he's told to try to sell to almost every person that enters the store. Shocking.

* If I got in a horrible car accident, and my phone was damaged, that would probably be the least of my concerns for the near future.

This is probably what the rep meant: 'not cover for in store exchange'

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat