cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint HTC Hero Bluetooth Sync Still not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint HTC Hero Bluetooth Sync Still not working

I have searched all the internet, called Sprint and still to this day, almost 5 months later, have not heard a thing about Bluetooth Sync or MAC support for the HTC Hero from Sprint.

What's the problem guys? HTC want too much $$$ to provide updates? You hired people who graduated from City College instead of MIT? You want to make us all wait for the latest release that requires us to upgrade our phone(s)?

It's no wonder why the wireless carriers have such a "bad-rep". You knew this would be an issue yet you still chose to release the phone.

Why can't Sprint/HTC just release bug fixes and updates as they go instead of requiring us to all shell-out more money to maintain our broken equipment.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Sprint HTC Hero Bluetooth Sync Still not working

I agree

HTC and Sprint needs to get their act together and not false advertise that sync and bluetooth work.  They absolutely dont work on my vista laptop with a known good bluetooth module.  I also think that their sync product is terrible in that they only support windows contacts.  They need to add support for csv files, and vcard.  It only syncs with google gmail not yahoo mail.  ALso the teethering does not work as I get a error code 67 regestration error.  Come on SPrint get this stuff working!  I paid way too much money for this stuff to not work.  I expect it to its sprint.  If anybody including Sprint or HTC support read this I would apprecaite a response.

Journeyman

Yahoo sync is because Android is Google. If you don't like it, go get Yahoo OS... (good luck). Also bluetooth is another Android problem. 2.1 adds more bluetooth support. Most of the problems aren't HTC, just the outdated Android 1.5. Also there is a way to get around the 67 error. You aren't supposed to tether, and that error is due to Sprint trying to block you. The method is to go to wireless settings, change to 1xRTT only. Turn off mobile network. Turn on mobile network and turn on mobile network sharing as soon as it lights up. It will work if you get mobile network sharing to start before mobile network. Then you can change to EV-DO. Also, you will need a good install of Sync for the required driver. You don't need to be able to connect to Sync (mine still doesn't) but make sure you have the drivers in the drivers folder. Again, Sprint does not condone this and neither do I. But as long as you're complaining, there's one less thing to complain about.

Journeyman

Be careful, mentioning tethering hacks here as the Barney Fife patrol from the overly sensitive Sprint workers union will delete your post...

I told one employee (on the forums) that he should put his flashlite and mace away because he's embarrassing us, they deleted my post. HA! Go figure!

Have a great day!

Journeyman

johnnybb1 wrote:

Be careful, mentioning tethering hacks here as the Barney Fife patrol from the overly sensitive Sprint workers union will delete your post...

I told one employee (on the forums) that he should put his flashlite and mace away because he's embarrassing us, they deleted my post. HA! Go figure!

Have a great day!

I imagine that your post wasn't deleted because it mentioned tethering - indeed, your post hardly mentioned it at all and certainly didn't provide instructions on how to tether.Your post was deleted because it was a massive, unprovoked attack and flame on a Sprint employee who did nothing but provide a polite warning that tethering is against the contract.

You will notice that the posts in that thread that did provide instructions on how to tether are still there..

So, fight the fight if you want, but don't try to lie to the rest of us, mmkay? Thanks.

Journeyman

Perhaps you are correct and there is a lesson to be learned, at least in this forum. Professional? My comment was not. However it did express the way that I feel and I'm sure that many others do.

I would also state that this forum is in fact heavily guarded by moderators that refuse to allow any descent against the almighty Sprint, especially since this is in the Sprint domain.

So, as I already said, there is a lesson to be learned here and I'll make sure to adhere to the policies and politics of the community.sprint.com forum.

BUT HOWEVER, MY SYNC OVER BLUETOOTH STILL DOESN'T WORK AND THE SO-CALLED PROFESSIONALS HERE IN THIS FORUM HAVE YET TO ADDRESS THE SPECIFICS ON HOW AND WHEN A FIX WILL BE RELEASED.

Journeyman

I can't say that I hold HTC or Sprint in any way responsible for the reason why Bluetooth file transfer is not working on the Hero 1.5 version.  After all, the Hero is only running Android 1.5 source code, and according to Google, Google did not have RFCOMM available in Android source code until Android version 2.0.  So, once we receive the highly anticipated Android 2.1 update, I believe all some of our Bluetooth worries will be resolved.  Although, I have not found any specifics on what Bluetooth profiles this Android 2.0 and above RFCOMM code will unlock on the Hero's Bluetooth chipset.

Read for yourself;  http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.0.html

Excerpt:

Changes Summary

Bluetooth

• Turn on/off Bluetooth
  • Device and service discovery
  • Connect to a remote device using RFCOMM and send/receive data
  • Advertise RFCOMM services and listen for incoming RFCOMM connection

Message was edited by: DaWeav

Journeyman

Although my complaint isn't with Sync issues, it is however with Bluetooth function. On all of my previous bluetooth phones, I have been able to connect and use the headset w/o any problems. When I first purchased my Hero, I was looking forward to all of these "wonderful" features. What I first noticed was that my bluetooth headset wouldn't allow me to dial by voice. I first thought my headset was old, so I went back to Sprint and bought the latest and greatest...cost me over $120 ! Got home...charged it up and gave it a try. Still didn't work. Sent a message to Sprint and got a response that they are working on it...along w/ many other problems. I'd think this would be one of the FIRST problems to be resolved. It is a law now that we MUST use handsfree devices while driving. Now, if need to make a call, I have to use the phone, search my directory, or type in the # while driving. I loved just hitting the button on my headset. Why is this taking so long to fix? If it's not fixed w/ this next update, I'm going to have to switch services...maybe get an iphone...or something that works. The whole concept is great, but this phone is really starting to upset me. It's slow and has a multitude of problems.

Journeyman

Sprint has an inferior product on their hands and they do not want to take responsibility for it. Your Sprint Nazi moderators can edit all my posts, but this statement is fact.

Pointing the finger and blaming HTC, Google, and whoever else you can still doesn't negate the fact that this phone is a terrible device, and it does have the  SPRINT logo on the front.

Journeyman

You are correct. The Bluetooth will often stop working for me and it has no backward compatibility for BT version 1.0.

I have lost several calls because the BT did not answer the call, thus lost business as a result.

DON"T buy the HTC Hero by Sprint.

Journeyman

In my heart I believe this phone has great potential over the iPhone, but I think they should have spent more time in QA testing all the bugs. This is a Linux core...it shouldn't be that difficult to fix. It should be fast and easy to manage. Another issue I've had is it's incredibly slow response when ending calls etc. First the background will disappear so I press the "hang up" button and the call is still in progress. Then I still have to press "End Call" on the screen...unless the other party has already hung up. I was frustrated the other day when trying to make a call, it was slow slow that it kept trying to call someone else instead of the person I was trying to call. The screen reaction time sucks. On the brighter side, which gives me some hope, is that this is an open OS. Unlike Apple which controls everything, this OS can actually do what most iPhones can't. This is one reason I chose this phone. Let's just hope that HTC, via Sprint, will actually require their employees to start working for their pay. It's hard to believe it takes this long to address some basic issues. If I only knew how to compile I'd start fixing this sh** myself, but I'm only a hardware tech...not software. Thanks for the responses, it's nice to hear some feedback and to know I'm not alone.

Journeyman

I want to add my frustration to this issue.  All my iPhone friends brag about their ease of use, the features, the updates ... - no wonder Sprint stock is where it is at this time and slowly crawling from under the crap pile.  Its like Sprint is applying old fashioned tactics of brute force business to new fashioned models where customers tap into the tech gains that creative providers are offering (like Apple and Google).  Sprint, you have to do better.  I pay as much on my phone as my iPhone friends, yet I can't help but feel, I'm getting cheated with only half the value.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat